Approved New Member: GrimReeferXXIV

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jan 6, 2013.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome GrimReeferXXIV,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. GrimReeferXXIV

GrimReeferXXIV Walk On

Name: Sunny Richardson
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): XBOX- GrimReeferXXIV
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: None currently
    Time Zone: Central
    General Availability for User vs User games:

Anytime Thur-Sun and before noon on Mon-Wed's
    Favorite Teams: #3-WI Badgers, #2-GB Packers, #1-Eau Claire Crush (Current semi-pro Team, my 2nd year summer league)
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports: I joined "The Dirty Dozen" NCAA OD through a forum somewhere.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

Just The Dirty Dozen so far which Ive currently been Delaware for the past offseason and week one win over Ball State. And about five non-private online dynasties that I joined... until I realized not a single one of them was ever going to advance. I couldnt figure out why I didnt have permission to post on any of our Dynasty's threads until I went back and read the automated email from you guys. I figured it was just the usual hey thanks for joining email but its cool that you have to fill out the application and I dont mind.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?

Im pretty sure that Ive been playing them vicariously through my father since back when I was in his s*ck haha. Im just kidding, but In all seriousness Ive been playing them for as long as I can remember (first memories with Atari) and been being told Im addicted to them since When I got my first Nintendo 64 for Christmas. I play PC and Xbox 360 pretty exclusively.

3. What type of player would you say you are?

I would consider myself a pretty well rounded gamer. Im a never skip the cinematics type player. I drool over anything involving micromanagement, especially micromanaging teams. My top are RPG's, FPS's, RTS's anything that has 2 out of the 3 is usually an instant favorite. Top Series: Neverwinter Nights, Mass Effect Trilogy, Total War Series and any of the mods, Madden's, NCAA's, 2K's, Rainbow Six Series, Call Of Duty's, Zelda, Assassins Creed Series, Splinter Cell's, and many many more.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

My friends have always generally been older than me, I feel Im mature for my age and I raise my one year old daughter by myself. The 4 year difference shouldnt be noticable Ive had a hard life and have had to grow up fast.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

Yes and no questions.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

Besides raising my daughter I eat, sleep , and breathe football. I played for the Ladysmith Lumberjacks in Highschool and then about this time last year I tried out for my local semi-pro team the Eau Claire Crush. We play in the Northern Elite Football League and play teams from WI and MN. I played RG, RT, and DT in highschool but I was overweight back then. Starting my freshman year of college I became a fitness nut and cut down from over 230 to 145. I was only 180 lbs at the combine last year in January so I wound up making the practice squad as a very undersized DE. Then by about the end of February I made the team and earned a spot on the 53 man roster. I was up to 215 by about midseason just a few months later and started about 5 games on special teams. We were 7-4 overall and still missed the playoffs due to the way the divisions were set up. I do insanity everyday now and Im at a very solid and quick 205 lb's. Im switching to LB this year and I plan to be a beast by the start of the season in March. Go Crush!
    7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO.

How do you see yourself fitting into our community?

I think the whole thing is great and wish I knew about it along time ago. Im a total football nerd and I feel like Im among like minded people here. I would love to coach football someday, maybe HS level or something.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?

Meet some good quality people and have an outlet for my football addiction. Plus now when my girl friend is nagging me for playing I get to just give her the ol', "Sorry woman everyones gotta advance at least once a day" (y)

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

Bring it up to the commish.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?

I glanced over a few of them but Id have to say I really like our dynasty the most so far. Even jumping in where I did with those last five weeks of recruiting in offseason I was able to gutt the recruiting board and still snag a 77-MLB gem and quite a few other nice recruits. Im starting true freshman at C, RT, MLB, and FB and still have what should be a very competitive team. Then next year I have a **** load of seniors leaving so I get to do some team building which is also exciting. They advance very often so its been the shiznit so far.

3. GrimReeferXXIV

GrimReeferXXIV Walk On

I have 28 views but no approval :(... Am I not worthy!?! Haha ;)

4. GrimReeferXXIV

GrimReeferXXIV Walk On

5. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

6. PAgamer07

Also GrimReeferXXIV great application, but I think you misunderstood question #3.

How do you handle losing? What sort of gameplay do you use on the football field? How good are you "on the sticks"? That is the sort of stuff we are looking for.

7. GrimReeferXXIV

GrimReeferXXIV Walk On

Well I'm not going to lie I hate losing with a passion whether its on the digital field or the real one but thats because Im a very competitive person. That doesnt mean however that Im a sore loser I like to keep it classy as sportsmanship is important to me. Ive built up countless teams in offline dynasty because I love building them up and micromanaging them, Im currently working on Umass. How good am I? I feel Im pretty good. Until playing online I hardly ever got beat by guys I hang with and my pops. I still went 4-0 in my first ranked matches but then I started getting beat by people who are doing BS. My first loss was someone who took michigan and kept running with the QB on every play. I think he threw 3 passes total. Granted he beat me but It just feels lame when people play like that. I run a lot of heavy sets twin tight or even triple TE but I do alot of shotgun variants too. I like to slowly work it up the field on short passes mixing in the ground n pound chipping away at the clock. I have started experimenting a little with formations now like I successfully implemented the "heavy maryland" in my last game against Ucon. I didnt think it would work because its like hey look at me im definately running it but it actually got 5 yards a play. So Im trying to start adapting and expanding my strategy try new things. I didnt know about the 0% threshhold thing but we play with that and on slow game speed and Im realizing that its ALOT more realiztic that way. Now I dont have 350 pound lineman catching a RB from behind like its nothing. Not trying to be a Dbag but I really want to get approved asap so I can start posting my game recaps and stuff like the other guys. The aforementioned Ucon game I was down 27 to 35 with 2 minutes left. I scored the touchdown and the 2 point to tie it up and miraculously held them for the first time in the second half to miss the game winning field goal. I had 40 seconds left and I would have lost for sure in OT with the way the computer was playing me so I got in field goal range with a few crazy plays and hit the short field goal to win. It was crazy I just want to tell the boys about it. Plus it would be nice to not have to message them through live.

8. GrimReeferXXIV

GrimReeferXXIV Walk On

And yeah Dylan is my commish

9. PAgamer07

This is what I wanted to hear. Great answers. Application approved :)

10. GrimReeferXXIV

GrimReeferXXIV Walk On

Friggin awesome!

11. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Sorry, I was moving and just got internet back.