New Member: HairyAz

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by Go Devils, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Go Devils

Go Devils Agnostic Pastafarian

Name: Rob
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): PSN- HairyAz
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: N/A
    Time Zone: Mountain
    General Availability for User vs User games: Usually any time after 7pm MST M-F, weekends are golden for games
    Favorite Teams: Arizona State, New York Yankees, New England Patriots, AC Milan
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Randomly found it based on a Call Sheet made for NCAA 11 by
    xGRIDIRONxGURUx

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

Have commished NCAA leagues before they were available on-line way back in the early 2000s. Moved on to run NCAA 10+11 leagues and Madden 10+11 leagues on the PSN over the past 2 years. Nothing run through the sites, but found owners through them with private hosting for message boards.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    Since the first Tecmo Bowl for NES. Played PC based sims in the late 1990s like FPS Baseball and Football

3. What type of player would you say you are?

Devoted simmer, but like seeing it played out rather than just reading through the numbers. Accuracy is very important over arcade.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    That is perfect for me. Just when us guys are starting to find that balance of maturity and responsibility outside of the gaming world. These games help keep us sane, not drive us from sanity.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

Not at all. Seems very structured, which is very necessary. J

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

Seen a few generation of gamers having played in the 80s, 90s, 2000s, and now the 2010s. On-line communities have really helped give legs to the games we play. Always enjoyed getting away from the real world to experience running these leagues. Only recently have I been able to step back, hand the reigns over to the young bucks and just enjoy playing each game and accepting it for that. I bring the experience of a seasoned commish, but really just have time to play my games and do the write-ups.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?

Through my 2 years over at Utopia, I have contributed numerous files of playbooks and links to educational sites on football related reading. I hope to do the same over on this site.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?

Learn more about the sim ends of the arcade games I play.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

Give the opponent a chance to explain himself. If his point is valid, help explain his case to the commish or admin. If it is not, PM the commish discretely and explain the situation to avoid any nonsense spreading like wildfire as usually is the case on message board.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?

Interested in joining a FIFA 11 league. I am not that good and don’t have the time to play all the random on-line match-ups to become elite. So I would just rather join a group of guys, drink some beer, and play my games each week. Anything regarding the Serie A would be a bonus.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Application Approved. Great app Rob, I think you will fit in quite nice with our community. Let me know if you have any questions.

3. Go Devils

Happy to be aboard! Is my next step to apply to the TFL waiting list? It won't let me post anything in there.

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Sure, stop over to TFL and apply to the wait list. You should be able to post now. Also is HairyAz your GT?

5. Go Devils

Yes sir... PSN - HairyAz

6. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

7. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

@Go Devils

Welcome to TSO brotha! PM @RedAL925 and he can help you out with the TFL. They have a league named specifically Serie A, but I don't think AC Milan is an open team. He can still help you out.

I also am running a PS3 league...it's in the New Member Lounge....

8. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On