New Member: HAL9100

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jul 15, 2011.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome HAL9100,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Name: Tim
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): PSN: HAL9100(would use this one primarily) Gamertag: HAL9200
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: HAL9100
    Time Zone: Mountain
    General Availability for User vs User games: Weekday nights and weekends
    Favorite Teams: UCF, St. Louis Cardinals, Jacksonville Jaguars, Orlando Magic
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Operation Sports

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? Once. It was an NCAA 10 OD with Teambuilder teams with some friends of mine. I had a lot of fun but it died once we got the Bowl Season of the first season because one of the members decided to not renew their Xbox Live Gold account and the rest of us were stuck with a random Teambuilder team.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? Been playing for roughly 20 years, I suppose. I've rarely played online though. That OD is probably 80% of my total online gaming time.

3. What type of player would you say you are? I'm a sim player to a degree. I used to be a stickler for realism but that started to take a lot of fun out of the game. Ideally, I'd still like a perfectly realistic game but I'm playing the games for fun first and foremost now. So, I'm more of a relaxed sim player.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? Sounds good to me. My main deterrent to online gaming all these years has been getting stuck with people that are the opposite of that.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? Yes. I wouldn't say concerns, but there were a couple minor disagreements. Nothing that couldn't be followed.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. I'm a UCF alum and live in Colorado. I work for the District Attorney's Office out here and really enjoy it. I've played sports my whole life and lettered in football, baseball, and wresting in High School. For the most part, I stick with sports video games and the top racing games.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community? I think I'd fit in fine. My only concern is with my online league inexperience.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? New and fun experiences.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? It depends. If it was something minor and not clearly intentional, then I might mention it to them after the game. If I felt like they were deliberately doing it, then I'd notify the Commish after the game.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup? I took a brief look at the some of the leagues and I'm open to pretty much anything right now. Like I said, I don't have much experience with leagues so I'm not sure what would be the ideal setup for me.

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Application approved HAL9100

Which concerns are you talking about?

4. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    Like I said, they're minor but here's the two that I remember from the NCAA rules:

- Not using the "Ask Corso" feature. Sure, you'll probably face more variety of plays if someone doesn't use it, but if someone wanted to use it, then I wouldn't really see an issue with it. As long as they aren't abusing the play choices, I'm not too concerned how they're picking their plays...and that can happen with or without "Ask Corso". Maybe there's some issue with it that I don't know of since I don't really play online or maybe that's just something you guys use to narrow down the type of people that apply, but that just seemed like an odd thing to restrict.

- Going for it on 4th down/fakes. I don't see anything wrong with someone trying a fake punt on their side of the 50 in the 1st half. If they were to line up and run a legitimate play, then I'd agree with the rule completely but I think there should be some room for a fake punt in that scenario. Obviously, you don't want that happening every week though and especially not multiple times in a single game so I could see it getting cut out because of that.

So yeah, not hard to follow those but I'd probably do these two differently if I were making the rules.

5. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

6. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    I was looking for PS3 but I found a home in the Hall of Fame League. Thanks for the heads up though.

7. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

You know what I found awesome? David talking to Hal in this thread. Made me LOL. David was the only appropriate person to respond to this app. He was going to approve, I can feel it

8. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    Why's that?

9. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    As stated in the rules, the reason they exist is to try and eliminate as much gray area as possible. The punting rule is there so that people have a guideline on what to do. Could you do this occasionally? Sure, yeah that's realistic. But what if someone was doing it every game?

Ask Corso feature is no longer in the game, but the reason it was banned was because it pulled in plays that were outside the playbook you were currently using. Plus, we are all grown men capable of picking our own damn plays.

10. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

aww cmon, I figured you would easily get the HAL - David connection. And the the 'I can feel it' line reference haha

11. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    Okay, that's what I figured was the case with 4th down fake punts. And as I've looked more into the specific league rules, the ask Corso(I thought it was only gone in name since there's still the random play selector) rule made more sense. Though I didn't realize that it would pull in plays outside of the playbook. That's interesting.

Oh, duh. Can't believe I missed that.

12. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Once you get into a good league, you will end up building a relationship where you can go for fake punts...once every 3 years.:)