New Member: harmon

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by harmon, Jul 9, 2010.

1. harmon

harmon Walk On

New Member: harmon

Name: Eric Harmon
    Gamertag(Xbox 360):eh24themamba
    Email:ericharmon24@gmail.com
    AIM:coolerc100
    Time Zone:pST
    General Availability:Weekends Anytime, Weekdays I'll be a college student so my schedule will vary
    Favorite Teams: (College California Bears, NFL: 49ers Other Sports: Sharks)
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: I heard of this site on operation sports, and I really like the mentality over here, it's not all about competition but having a good time and making friends.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

I've been in Madden Leagues dating back to Madden 06. I've also participated in a couple Online Dynasties for NCAA 09 and a couple Madden Online Franchises in last years Madden.

For the Madden Leagues in 06 and 07, we used the old Madden Nation forums until that turned into Sportsgamer. We used LeagueDaddy(I think?) to imput stats and such.

The Online Dynasties and Online Franchises were set-up on either Operation Sports, or PastaPadre. I co-commished the Online Franchise on Pasta Padre for one season as well.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?

I've been playing video games I'd say since I was 6 years old? With NHL 99 and 2000 being the first games I really remember playing on my computer. Online I've been playing since I got my XBL account, I think it was Dec of 2004 after Halo 2 came out.

3. What type of player would you say you are?

I just play to have a fun, realistic experience. I don't really care if I win or lose(although the losses may sting later in the season, haha). If you mean NCAA/Madden wise, I'd say I'm a good defensive player, who'd rather shut someone out than have a shoot-out.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

I'd like to believe I'm a mature person, and that differences in age won't really make a difference, because I'm just here to have a good time. I'd like to prove that to you guys though.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

I just read them, and I feel like I've found a home. I don't have any questions or concers really.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

I guess I'll start with football, I played flag football before I went to High School, and got into High School Football then. 4 years of losing records, but some individual accomplishments that I'm proud of.(2nd Team All-League) Also had our upset/rush onto the field moment Sophomore year, when we went into our rival's house and scored with 1:30 left, got the 2-point conversion and then held on to win the game.

I'm a big fan of the San Jose Sharks, since they are the closest team to Fremont, and am a fan of both of San Francisco's franchises. Dislike anything to do with Oakland. :p

I'll be going to California's newest UC in August, and I'm excited for what lies ahead.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community?

Hopefully as dedicated I am to TBN, the other site I really visit. I like the stance this site takes on franchises and it really does seem like a perfect fit for me.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF?

A new online community to make friends and have a great time playing NCAA/Madden.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

I'd record video using the game's video recorder, then go to the commissioner to the league with the evidence, and tell him that I don't want to make this a big deal, but if you hear something about this opponent again, just know that there is some merit to it.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of?

I have not yet, and that's something I plan on doing right now.

2. harmon

harmon Walk On

One thing I'm wondering, is that will you guys look this over, then suggest what league I should join? or should I look at the leagues that are up and make my own choice?

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Application Approved. Welcome to TF Eric. Your app suggests you will fit in nicely with our community. As far as finding a league keep your eyes peeled to the new member lounge as our commissioners post league openings. Also Rynoaid, TF admin, just opened up a new league yesterday called TF: The Redshirts. Stop by there and throw your name on the waiting list, not all members are confirmed so you may get a spot in there.

4. harmon

harmon Walk On

Alright, thank you for the help.