Archived New Member Intro - CLW

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, May 14, 2011.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Hey guys figured I would introduce myself after being selected by you guys #3 in the draft.

I am a 31 year old attorney currently living in Rhode Island. However, my wife (M.D.) has recently accepted a gynecologic oncology fellowship at M.D. Anderson in Houston, TX and after she graduates from her OBGYN residency at Brown in June we will be packing up and relocating to Houston.

In the past I have traveled quite a bit for work. However, I always pack/bring the PS3. I am not sure if I will travel any at my new job but if I do I will be sure to bring the PS3 so that I wont hold up the progress of the dynasty.

I am out of town in Houston for the next 10 days for job interviews and apartment/house shopping so my access right now is somewhat limited.

I don't have a great grasp of my schedule yet (obviously b/c I haven't secured a job yet) but I would anticipate my schedule being very close to what it has been in the past other than the switch from the EST to CST. My general availability for user v. user games will likely be:

Mon - Fri: 7pm - ? CST
    Sat - Sun: Anytime With Notice

I'll play with any team and enjoy just about all the formats so whatever you guys want to go with for 12 will be more than fine with me.

Most of you guys I have seen around here at TF or at the various other community sites. However, I don't think I have ever played any of you. I am looking forward to meeting/playing all of you once we get going with 12.

2. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Welcome.........

congrats you don't know how lucky you are, you have a wife that can get a job hahahahahahaha

any team huh? I think Western Kentucky has a job opening!

3. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Welcome ClW

4. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Hi guys, I got drafted too.

I'm a student, 21 y/o. No job - no responsibilities besides school. Life is good.

Available during the summer almost any time outside of a vacation. Should be very flexible.

Thank you for the selection - I am on AIM a lot and will answer any PMs if there is anything you guys need me to do.

5. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Another three letter name!....Welcome man...I am on aim alot as well...ill add u

6. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

welcome GTG

7. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    I will hijack the thread as well -- I appreciate the mutual interest! Thanks for drafting me, I look forward to meeting and playing all you guys.

8. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

I actually grew up in Western Kentucky (although it was about a 2 hour drive to Bowling Green) and have ran with them before in a 1 star only dynasty.

9. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

I went to Murray State for a year. You from that area?

10. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Well I am the other one that was drafted and happy to land here!

I just graduated college and looking for a job and the third member that is/has been in Kentucky. Originally from Lexington, I am in Owensboro currently. I don't know what my availability will be and still trying to lock something down, @CLW if I can do anything for you down in Texas if you get any authority give me a call, no joke!

My plan is to take this year off while working a job that will pay for my needs and working my butt off for the LSAT, something I didn't do the first time and enroll in law school for Fall '12.

Florida State is my #1 team and that is who I would like to roll with. #2 would be Kentucky.

Looking forward to contributing and making Chaos top notch!

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Welcome to Chaos guys! Very pleased with how this draft ended up. Glad to say that none of you were 'best available' picks but picks we actually had on our board. Trying to figure out how to create an AIM blast group so we can begin the 'Getting To Know You' process.

Also, we only have 3 spots available for anyone that would like to hop in now. We're going to let a couple members finish out '11 with us since they've been with us for awhile. If anyone would like to join up now just let me or Maximus21 know. If you decide to finish up with your current leagues thats fine. All I ask is that you come in and join in the NCAA '12 discussions. We're a laid back group and everyone has an equal opinion around here.

Welcome again. This is going to be a fun group to game/talk with:)

12. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Yeah I grew up near Paducah (Marshall County) and am a Murray State Alum 02.

13. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

Hey welcome to Chaos guys..most of my family is from around Kentucky. Morehead mainly and portsmouth.

14. KnightNoles

Can I suggest we use Skype? or I can setup the Blast Group if you want me too

15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Skype does blast groups too?

Like Matt (Maximus) and I were talking about earlier, both of these programs will help tremendously with the bonding of our league members. Plus, who wouldn't want to hear my sexy 'I'm up at 3am in the morning for this shit' voice? :)

16. KnightNoles

yea, the skype group chats are great
    I have it created just need people Skype or I can create the Blast group if we want that

• Like Like x 1
  17. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I'd like to pop in here and say skype is the shit. That is all, carry on.

• Like Like x 1
  18. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

I didn't say it yet so welcome aboard to all the new guys. I'm very happy about our future.

20. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

welcome aboard guys, looking forward to building Chaos into the best dynasty on TSO with u guys

21. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG] GIFSoup

• Like Like x 1
  22. Dean

Dean Walk On

Fellas, glad to be in Chaos. I have had the privileged to game with some of you before and looking forward to a even better '12 season. Thanks for having me here.

23. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Fa sho....plus I owe you. The first game I ever played on this site was with Pitt v. North Carolina in NCAA 10' and you destroyed me. I owe you bruh. Yes, I remember it...I was scar'd for life, lol. I'm the one who made the draft picks and made sure you were drafted...lol

24. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

So... how many of us have some sort of "connection" to The Commonwealth? LOL I think we should rename the dynasty to Blue Grass Chaos.

25. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

@CLW - what type of law do you practice?
    I am a lawyer up here in Toronto - Labour and Employment. [I did practice medical malpractice defending doctors for about 4 yrs previoulsy... defended a few OBGYN's - those compromised baby cases are nasty]