new member: jackalackin

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by jackalackin, Dec 30, 2009.

1. jackalackin

jackalackin Guest

new member: jackalackin

Name: brandon grant
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): jackalackin Xbox
    Email: brandon.grant@vzw.blackberry.net
    AIM: goheelz3492
    Time Zone: est
    General Availability: 4-11 pm
    Favorite Teams: cowboys
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: brother

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    yes...madden, pocketfives.com
    2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    since i got a sega genesis for Christmas...off and on for about 2 years
    3. What type of player would you say you are? i win some and lose some...pretty average

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    Doesn't really matter to me...its all for fun anyways
    5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    yes all seems to be fine with me
    6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. Well i played football in high school, was pretty good, could had played at several Division 2 schools but like a idiot stayed in my home town to be with a girl that im not even with now lol...love to play madden but dnt take it as serious as some ppl

7. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of? yes SMFL

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Application rejected.

Please take the time to fill out the application correctly. A little thought wouldn't hurt.

Thanks,

~ Drifter

3. sowerss

sowerss Sowers

lol why was this rejected? Fwiw this is my brother and he will be one of the most active games in the new league... just because he might not have time to fill out an application t o tell you what is going on with his life why does that mean he gets rejected?

4. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Every1 has to fill out the app correctly, not just 1 word answers. If your your brother can't do that, why would TF think he will stick around for the long run. If he can't fill out properly, I hit u with the peace sign as you close the door on the way out.

5. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

yes, that's right. We are not a community of guys who show up and play games. We're a COMMUNITY of guys who take the time to our leagues seriously and our membership at TF seriously.

Filling out an application in that manner only speaks to what this potential member might bring to our COMMUNITY... not just our leagues. And based on that application, i would reject too.

6. sowerss

sowerss Sowers

I find this very funny... I am a member of several online leagues, and the one here has by far the least community feel of any of them. I think you guys take yourselves a little too seriously and its pretty funny... If you look at our other threads in our leagues there is constant chatter, we're all on each others aim lists, we're constantly talking. Here... I can hardly get in touch with people most of the time people don't respond to aim, the lists for members aren't even up to date with contact info and/or members that are even in the league.

This is why this just baffles me, I'll have him fill out the app more thoroughly but these are the complaints for which I think make my argument much more valid than yours.

7. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    If your league doesn't have activity or a community feel then who is at fault for that? Probably the people who have been here a month and only have 20 posts, 25% of them being complaints about our site in these last two threads.

Just because this guy is your brother doesn't make him exempt from the rules and procedures we follow...

8. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Sowerss you can always leave.

9. sowerss

sowerss Sowers

lol ... if you can't take criticism you can't grow... I'm not at fault as in my first two days I completed a trade and played a game for a team that hadn't had an owner... please tell me its my fault :) And I've already told my brother to do the interview process further.

10. sowerss

sowerss Sowers

and lol @ leaving ...jk I was already ttrying to improve the league before I even got in... as I posted an idea to do the draft in a thread the same way that we had done in our other league (before I even joined or thought of joining...)

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Why should people take the time to get this person in a league if he can't take the time to fill out the app properly?

Do you think that because it was "rejected" he can't play here? No, probably not. He just needs to edit the original post and fill it out right.
    You on the other hand need to stop acting like a jackass.

12. sowerss

sowerss Sowers

Wow I apologize for critiquing something... I like however that because you can't take a criticism that I am a jackass...

13. sowerss

sowerss Sowers

I think calling people names is acting more of a jackass than anything I've stated in this thread fwiw....

14. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Such as asking someone if they have "reading comprehension problems"?

15. sowerss

sowerss Sowers

Yeah that was definately meant more as a joke than an insult but rereading that it does look insulting instead of comedic... I apologize for that.

16. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

apology accepted

17. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

contructive criticism.. we have no problem with. Acting like a jackass because your brother failed to properly fill out an application is what we have a problem with.

If you don't like TF, please, by all means... take your league play somewhere else, it sounds like you have other options that you enjoy more, so by all means.. excercise those options.

We don't need or want people that don't like it here.

18. sowerss

sowerss Sowers

I countered an argument that said that the league app helps make the league have more continuinity... now would I be trying to get my brother in and join ANOTHER league if I didn't enjoy playing? ? I'm done in this thread, trash me more if you want.

19. Masler

Masler Moderator

so stop your crying and go somewhere else. TF is a great community, if you don't think so then shut your mouth and leave. Save us all a headache.

20. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    There won't be any more bashing.

Let's all move on like adults.

I would lock this thread, but I'll give jackalackin a chance to redo his app.

21. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

That's pretty adult.

22. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    What are you talking about?

23. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i think he meant that your being very generous by offering a redo on the application at this point considering some of the comments made in this thread...

but yea, I would re-consider an updated app.

24. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Brandon,

Thanks for filling this out.

Application approved. Remember to stay active in your league and utilize the forums.

Let me know if you have any questions.

~ Drifter