New Member: Jayrah (Under Alliance)

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by Jayrah, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

New Member: Jayrah (Under Alliance)

Name: Josh
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): Under Alliance XBox
    Email: goldjfootball@yahoo.com
    AIM: N/A
    Time Zone: Pacific
    General Availability: Evenings, some afternoons and generally weekends

Favorite Teams: Washington State - other than that I'm flexible as long as it's not Boise St., Washington, Notre Dame or Ohio St. :p I just have to connect with a team. I like lower bracket teams, I've never figured out why, but I think I'm not a major fan of powerhouses in the gaming sense, although I like some of them, and I am more interested in watching the big games than the small ones IRL.

How did you hear about Tradition Football: Come across it several times when searching for possible leagues and info in the past. Recently Luvtotha9's on Utopia.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

Nope. I've done some private online rivalry dynasties, but nothing league. I've wanted too with ncaa football, but I've never been able to justify playing the game long enough to join a league, due to inefficiencies or gameplay issues. This year I have everything I need to know it's gonna be a playable game for me, till next season. :cool: To be honest I'm going to be busy after August, but I will not be one to skip out on games. I will let someone know if I can't do it anymore due to whatever. I love playing with friends more than anything, and so this is an opportunity to build some fun rivalries and friendships. TF seems like the most competitive and solid leagues to join.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?

Good grief, video games since I can remember. Started on the Joystick in the late 80's when space invasion and pac man were THE games! Used to play the old Madden's since the early 90's. Played on any system or pc available. Also played Walsh for a year, but was more into madden because of a rivalry with my uncle. Started really playing ncaa when Xbox original hit. Online just a couple years.

3. What type of player would you say you are?

Straight up. I love football strategy and really don't get attached to any one play, unless I realize that my opponent is calling limited plays, then I will find a few plays and shell him out. I like to be as diverse as possible though, while finding team strengths and exploiting those in a variety of ways. That's why I'm so excited for form subs this year (but realistically, not craziness everywhere).

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

At 27, I think I fit the bill. ;)

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

Yes I've read them. One concern I had, or really just a question: When talking depth chart, a rule is no changes before kickoff. Is that rule just for once the game is fired up, leaving the user the chance to do it during their weekly updates? Or does that mean you set your season depth chart, and then that's it unless you're in need with the 3 stated options?

Besides that I'm thinking that there will need to be some updates and revisions to the current rule set, due to updates in features and things for 11.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

I'm a basketball referee (HS but working on getting into college right now). I'm also a gospel rapper with my group Under Alliance (also my Xbox GT), which includes my little brother (20, he's a gamer too) and our dear friend Chris (23, not much of a gamer, and honestly before the group, not much in the way of music, but he's grown into a great writer). We write all our own stuff, including prolly 95% of our beats. I love writing music as much as anything I do, and I really enjoy our ministry. I'm really good at my daily job as a manager at A&W, but I hate the fact that I am doing it (don't hate my job, just that I'm there). On the flip side of that I love the people I work with. I enjoy making friends, very personable, and I'm very tired because I stay up way too late generally and wake up far too early (for me). Oh, and I have a lovely wife and a baby on the way in January, my first one as a matter of fact. I'm jacked about that! Gosh that's a lot, I think I'm finished for that.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community?

I'm very active in my other 2 communities, and if I am to join a league, I can't see myself not being very active. I love football, and I probably spend WAY too much time talking about it, but it's my relief from everything else. I'll be pretty on top of things.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF?

That's a tough question. A great experience! My wife won't talk football with me, and I'm always rifling through my other communities searching for more football, more conversation. I'm hoping this will be all of that. Also after reading quite a bit, the guys on this board are pretty smart and maybe I'll learn some technical stuff, but they're also respectful and know their football, which is tough to find. I'm really just hoping to become part of the TF universe of football in general.

But I would say my number 1 reason was to join a great, competitive league somewhere, and TF looked like the best.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

It just depends on the rule, ya know? Some of the rules are tough to remember, and some don't always apply. I would hope if I'm breaking a rule someone would just tell me, and I could correct it, so that's how I'd approach it the other way.

Honestly certain situations are not a big deal, but if it's something that's being abused, I would just contact the league commish about it, if it can't be resolved over the headset. Probably log it for the league at least though, for commissioner and league sake.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of?

I have. I'm really looking for an '11' League. Nothing for 10 as I've stopped playing it. I'll continue to look and update if I see any that jump out. I would love "Bowling for Roses" if it wasn't PS3. Nuts! :(

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Great app, I read through a lot of these just to get a feel for the guy you'll get a spot in a heartbeat.

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    This.

Application approved.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'm not sure if anybody is hardcore about this rule but for the most part it's just a general guideline to help get in and play without too much hubbub before kickoff. Like me, I have injuries this week to a few guys, I did my depth chart changes in advance to comply with the rule. But I've had guys make changes when the game starts and it wasn't like it mattered....

I had more guys get hurt and I went into the depth chart to make the changes during the game, no problem.

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

We have an opening in Climb The Ladder for 2011. We haven't selected teams yet, so you can still be a part of that. We are going with Mid-majors, MWC,WAC,MAC and CUSA. Check out our thread and let me know.

Edit: I have it filled. If you're interested I can get you on a waiting list. Thanks

6. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Great! Thanks for the feedback guys. Dakota yeah you can put me on a waiting list for that. I'm interested. I'm assuming you can join multiple leagues? Not that I would necessarily, but it's an option? It's always good to have options :D If not of course I'll want to read all the details before accepting. Thanks again my new homies!

EDIT: Nvm on my question. I figured you could, and I figured it out. And for the record: I can definitely do a small school non bcs league, but I also would really enjoy a bcs league with what is probably a middle of the road type team. I wouldn't say I care about winning immediately, but I love connecting with a team and building it in a power conference. However because of the crappy setup in past years, it wasn't much in the way of fun, because there was no realistic way to do it through recruiting and game planning against the cpu. Right now it seems the smaller conferences is where a lot of the owners want to head, so I'm down for that.