New Member: jedicouncil05

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by jedicouncil05, Jul 19, 2010.

1. jedicouncil05

jedicouncil05 Walk On

New Member: jedicouncil05

Name:Robert Williams
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX):XBOX 360 jedicouncil05
    Email:robertwill05@cinci.rr.com
    AIM:robertw2010
    Time Zone:Eastern
    General Availability:Nights after 10 pm...Thursday and Friday
    Favorite Teams:University of Kentucky, Cincinnati Reds, Cincinnati Bengals
    How did you hear about Tradition Football:

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? Started playing in Leagues during the PS2 leagu
    es in 2004..moved to PC and played JSFL and XFA till 2009 and moved into consoles in 2010.
    2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? Probably longer than most on this site have been born. I owned an original Pong, Intellivision and Atari 2600...30 years.

3. What type of player would you say you are? Average to slightly above average. I play for fun and stress relief. If it becomes like work, I will retire.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? I fit right in. I am turning 40 on Wed, doesn't seem to be that much difference. I hate rap music....please keep it to a minimum if you are playing me online.:p

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? Yes...zero issues on all the rules.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. I am a Sales Manager at a car dealership in Cincinnati..I am a homer in rooting for the local teams. I believe in God, my family and this country in that order. I have a beautiful wife and 3 spoiled rotten boys who act like thier father. I have enjoyed playing video games for a majority of my life and do not plan on changing that.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community? As active a member as I can be. I like what I have seen so far.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF? A great experience and some good clean competetive gameplay.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? 1) As them to refrain from the behavior 2) If it happens again, finish the game and report it to the Commish in charge.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Yes.. Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of? NCAA or Madden Leagues both seem to be full right now, I am sure some spots will open up, I can wait.

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

sent you a message man, should appear in the upper right of your screen under notifications.

3. jedicouncil05

jedicouncil05 Walk On

Got it, sent reply. Thanks for the consideration.

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

You should get another message from me once you are confirmed, if you don't shoot me somethin and we'll figure it out.

5. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Please give me an example of when playing in an online league would become like "work"

6. jedicouncil05

jedicouncil05 Walk On

Whenever the game become a job. When you are playing online and see constantly repetetive playcalling...the same play over and over again on offense and defense. When you have constant childish bickering in the forums. Whenever the commish boots whoever beats him or won't trade with him. Something I hope to avoid by joining this Organization. That's when it is time to retire.

7. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

You might want to rethink your interest in the Ten Year War. :D

In all seriousness, I believe he's asking more about your ability to stick with a league.

The "I play for fun and stress relief and will retire if it becomes like work" comment could raise a flag of you being like other new guys that get into Tradition, sign up for 4 leagues, then quit halfway through the first season of them all.

8. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Unfortunately this happens way too often especially with people who are more Madden players than NCAA. When Madden "drops" people seem to disappear from online dynasties sometimes.

I get what Psycho is saying here.

9. jedicouncil05

jedicouncil05 Walk On

I guess I missed the entire meaning of the question...I was Co Commish in the XFA from 2003-2010. I have gotten tired of running things and figured I would let the young pups handle that responsibility on top of the 60+ hour work weeks that I have been putting in addition to raising the family. I had a 2nd PC team in JSFL from 2004-2009. I stayed there for a good while, till they quit making the PC. I am just looking for a League to play in, make some good online friends and hang my hat for a while. If you can provide that, I will stay for as long as the Good Lord allows me to stay.

10. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

That answers what I thought he was trying to get at.

11. Emmdotfrisk

This was exactly what I was getting at. If you are not willing to put effort into a league because it seems like work. We want to know that if you are applying for this community you plan to be apart of it for awhile.

Things you have mentioned about commish's removing owners for childish is something you will never see on this site.

12. Emmdotfrisk

Per our conversation on aim. Application Approved. Welcome to TF. Psycho will get you in the right direction.