New Member: jello1717

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by jello1717, Jun 22, 2009.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

New Member: jello1717

Name: Jabbar
    Gamertag: jello1717
    Email: jello1717@yahoo.com
    AIM:
    Time Zone: Mountain
    General Availability: Pretty much every weekday after 7pm Mountain time and anytime during the weekends.
    Favorite NCAA Team: Michigan. Go BLUE!
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Operationsports.

I've played ncaa since '07 (or whatever was the first one on the 360) but I've only played offline dynasties. I'm really hoping to get into a good sim OD for '10. I haven't played much at all online (I just upgraded recently to xbox gold in anticipation for ncaa '10) as I've heard about how bad the cheese can be. I would never cheese people or cpu teams as winning like that simply isn't my idea of fun. The number of house rules that I had to impose on myself for ncaa '09 was pretty bad. I'm hoping to get into a league where people actually play straight up (in the 10 or so online games I've played so far, not once has anyone ever punted against me, not even on 4th and 13 on their own 26 yard line. :( I've also played people that only call a handful (1 handful) of different plays which is also really unrealistic.

I do come with my own amount of baggage though. As an old married, working guy, my play time is more limited than some others out there, but I would have no issue finding time to play, recruit, etc, during the time frames that I've read about here. Also, I've never been one to play random teams as I only like to play as teams that I like. If I were to score a TD with Southwest Poquipsee State and their fight song started playing, it really wouldn't do much for me. But, if I go into the horse shoe, and march down the field and score a TD on an Ohio State University and then hear my band belting out Hail to the Victors! that's an entirely different feeling all together! Because of that, I would only want to play as Michigan (if at all possible) or possibly as my alma mater Michigan State (yes,.... yes,..... I know) or perhaps as North Carolina. Outside of those, I don't think I'd have any desire to play as anyone else (and I'm not even sure if I could do MSU or UNC).

I've read through your rules and not only do I accept them, I don't think I'd want to play anywhere else without similar rules and a lot of the rules are ones that I imposed on myself in my offline dynasty.

Here's hoping that things can work out.

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Where I come from, that would be called blasphemy :D

Welcome to the site. They guys usually have a few simple questions before we set you up with a league, but as a lifelong Buckeye, I felt it would be my duty to welcome even the most twisted of football fans to the site.

Justin Boren says hello :eek:

AG

3. jello1717

I figured there'd be some fans of An Ohio State University around here that'd like that.

And I don't know who this Justin Boren is. I've never heard of the guy, but he sounds like a bum who wouldn't know what it means to be a Michigan man.

4. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Welcome.....Ahh, another Big 10 fan. Sorry guys, Uncle Joe has yet to retire

5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I e-mailed you. Did you receive it? Waiting to hear back from you before I place you.

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Drifter,

I've been chatting with jello most of the day. I think we're going to allow his sniveling Wolverines in the OFFL. Thought I'd let you know. Thanks for being so on top of things.

AG

7. jello1717

The last time I checked, a sniveling wolverine was still head and shoulders better than a hairless nut!

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

A poisonous, hairless nut. Don't forget the whole poison angle. Very ferocious.

9. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Wow. This should be interesting to keep an eye on. Although I dislike both teams, I must ask how the Rich Rodriguez thing is working out?

10. jello1717

While these are clearly not my opinions, but the opinions of the unnamed source inside the university of Michigan, but some opinions can be found in the 24June blog here:
    http://offl-maizeandblue.blogspot.com/