Approved New Member: JixMyPon

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jul 6, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome JixMyPon,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. JixMyPon

JixMyPon Walk On

Name: Jon Kurland

Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): PSN- JixMyPon

AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: Jpon87 on YIM but I rarely use it

Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time

General Availability for User vs User games: Weekdays 9 AM-11 AM & Anytime after 10 PM/Weekends anytime at night generally

Favorite Teams: Florida Gators/ Jacksonville Jaguars/ Mets/ Knicks/ Rangers (I'm a sadist, I know)

How did you hear about Tradition Sports: Browsing through GamingTailgate.com forums

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? I've played in a couple of Madden online franchises with close friends. Other than that, I have not.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? I've been playing since the platforms were Atari & Commodore 64s..Online on home consoles since that ugly black box had to be strapped to the back of my PS2.

3. What type of player would you say you are? I try for the most realistic game experience possible. I'm not a big fan of the "Madden Challenge" types that treat the game, specifically football games, like it's Halo. I coach football in the "real world", so I like to play like I coach.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? I turn 30 in a month, and am married with two kids and another on the way. My wife killed my immaturity.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? Read and agreed to.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    Just a husband, father, and avid football fanatic with a slight gambling problem. I coach youth football in the fall, and like to kill time by drinking lots of Capt. & Cokes while having Lincoln-Douglass debates with 15 year olds on Modern Warfare 3. Oh, and I'm a bit of a smart ass. Also, a Jaguars season ticker holder. You have to enjoy life when you spend your days coding e-commerce sites for a living.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?
    Round peg, round hole. You folks love sports and gaming, I love sports and gaming. Add a few cocktails and we'll get along great. I look forward to contributing and making some new friends.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?
    Meeting folks with similar interests, bitching about our sports teams, and enjoying some competitive football online.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    I'd simply follow procedure described in the General site rules. Record a couple of highlights of the violations, send them to the commish of my league and let the process move on from there.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?
    Yes, from what I can tell the couple of available PS3 leagues I saw were "Second to None"/"The Cathedral" and NDCOLTS' league. I don't really have a preferred setup. I would like to play in a league that proceeds fairly quick though. In the end, it doesn't really matter so long as it's fun and competitive.

Really looking forward to interacting and playing with y'all!

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Application Approved.

Great App Jon. where do you coach at?

NDCOLTS1979

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    bamagrad

Looks like a solid guy for your league.

5. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

getting my Description up as we speak.

6. JixMyPon

JixMyPon Walk On

Appreciate the quick turnaround!

I coach Jr. Midgets (11-13 yr olds) for one of the local Pop Warner associations here in Jacksonville.

Been coaching Pop Warner/Middle School ball since I was 18, love every minute of it.

7. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion