Approved New Member: jmarks2001

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Apr 16, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Feb 28, 2011
    Welcome jmarks2001,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here:

TSO Staff
  2. jmarks2001

jmarks2001 Walk On

Apr 16, 2012
    Name: jmarks2001
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): jmarks2001 (XBox)
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: -
    Time Zone: Eastern
    General Availability for User vs User games: 9pm - 12am EST
    Favorite Teams: K Basketball - Knicks, Hockey - Rangers, Baseball - Yankees, Football - Giants, College - Florida St.
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports: Post in another forum (Operation Sports)

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    A long time ago, played on a site called LeagueGaming. Played Links golf on the first xbox when MS launched their "XSN Sports" thing that never worked out. I wrote a screen-scraper to pull data off of the XSN sports pages that LeagueGaming used to pull all the player data for each tourney which let them keep season stats.
    2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    Playing 30 years / about 12 years online.
    3. What type of player would you say you are?
    I'm internally competitive. I really want to get better and win, but my opponents will never know it.
    4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    I'm a slightly immature 36, so I'll probably fit right in.
    5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    Yes. No.
    6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. 36. Married. Two kids (11 and 9). I work in IT. Grew up in NJ, now live in FL. I consider myself somewhat of a pioneer in online sports gaming. Back in 1997-1998, I was part of the EA Sports Golf Tour. It was when they first brought the PC version of the game online. I won several trips to PGA Tour events and about $8,000 over two years.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community? To be honest, aside from playing in league events, I probably won't be super-active. I'll probably discuss the game(s) I'm currently playing in the forums every so often.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? Friendly competition.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? Ask him if he knew he was breaking the rule and possibly educate him on it. See if we can work past it ourselves. If not, report it to an official/admin.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? TW13 for the Xbox. Sign me up for an opening in one of the clubs!
  3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Jul 14, 2009

Application approved, welcome to TSO man.
  4. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Mar 6, 2011
    Featured Threads:
    So any chance you can swing by Tiburon and help them write something similar for their CC website?! All this manual scoreboard sheet is killing us lol

JohnnyClutch or
    SkinniePost will get you in whatever club has space open
  5. SkinniePost

SkinniePost Walk On

Mar 14, 2012
    Jmarks, do I remember you from the Wii version of Tiger Woods... Or am I going crazy? I think we played more than a few games together during TW11 on the Tour Pro settings. Hopefully you weren't the guy that I passed out on while playing, haha... I still feel bad about that, darn alcohol.
  6. jmarks2001

jmarks2001 Walk On

Apr 16, 2012
    Yeah, I think we played a couple rounds together. I thought I recognized your gamertag/username.