New Member: Jmustang1968

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by Jmustang1968, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

New Member: Jmustang1968

Name: John
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): Jmustang1968 - Xbox
    Email: Jmustang1968@gmail.com
    AIM: Jmustang1968 **(I make it easy to remember)**
    Time Zone: CST
    General Availability: Weekday evenings 6-1 am, saturday daytime, and all day Sundays
    Favorite Teams: NCAA - Texas A&M (alum) NFL - Packers, Texans
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Operation Sports

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

I have played in Madden and NCAA since they went online on consoles back in 05 I believe. I started with and am still an active member of Unitedleagues. I have also been or am apart of leaguegaming.com,xbox-sports.com, and used to play in a few old school leaguedaddy leagues. I have a good standing reputation in all the leagues I have been apart of. I have also participated in NBA, NHL, and MLB leagues from time to time.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? I have been playing games ever since I was 4 or 5 years old, and have been playing online PC gaming since internet made it available to do so in the mid to late 90's.

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    I am a competitive, yet sim and social gamer. I enjoy striking up a good conversation at times with an opponent, and love to develop friendly rivalries. They help spice up the league environment. I also enjoy my sports game as a real life simulation (as best as possible of course, there are always limitations)

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    I am almost right on target and seem to fit the demographic here

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    Have read them and am pleased with them. They are one of the attractions for me to these leagues. They regulate in game cheese and enforce more sim style off-season play and strategy that is lacking from many league environments

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

I am an instrument and controls engineer living in Houston suburbs. I am married, but atleast am married to a gamer. We are both nerds and each own almost every console, handheld, and gaming pc (we share a PS3). I grew up playing sports and video games, so they are both some of my favorite hobbies. I walked on A&M football in college, but didnt stick with it due to the demands of an engineering degree. Besides sports games, I also love a good RPG or MMORPG.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community?

I would stay current and active in all my weekly gaming commitments. I also enjoy the work breaks each day browsing some of my websites or forums (such as right now). I stay active and involved in all the communities that I participate in.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF?

To be a member in another great league environment. I want to participate in consistent and competitive leagues/dynasties/franchises that I can rely on to be there every year, and with great members.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

first, I would try to work it out with my opponent on the mic. Discuss what I felt was wrong and try to iron things out with him then. If that fails to yield any results, I would PM or message the league commisioner informing him of what went on.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of?

I have browsed through most of the leagues on the site. Would be interested in becoming a premier member in an attempt to get in the most stable leagues. I am more interested in the rebuilding style dynasties (1* teams, etc...) and maybe a madden franchise. ( I have yet to try one, the lack of salaries discouraged me thus far). I also enjoy going at a fairly quick rate of a game every 2 or 3 days when possible... However, as a new member I understand that I will have to, and am willing to, start off with a new guys league.

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Application Approved. Welcome to TF john. It seems you share a lot of the same characteristics as a few of our senior members on the site. They are also engineers, attended TAMU, and live in the Houston area.....small world. Check out the new league we are putting together, it should be a perfect start for you. you can find the post here in the new member lounge.

3. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Hey John.. Welcome to TF.. Always happy to see another A&M Alum on the boards (I am Class of '08), and even happier to see an Aggie Engineer.. Drifter tells me you are an EE Major.. Pretty intense stuff there. I graduated with a Civil Engineering degree.

Hope we can find you a good league spot soon. Let me know if you have any questions!

4. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, look forward to seeing you on the field. Posted my interest in the new guys league, so hopefully I can secure a spot there, and see what happens.

5. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Welcome to TF Mustang. I remember you from UL and I think you will fit in nicely here. Always good to see a familiar face.

6. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Yep, you had the bills in last madden season right? I think we even played, if memory serves me correctly.