Approved New Member: joeykid7

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jul 19, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome joeykid7,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. joeykid7

joeykid7 Walk On

Name:
    Joe

Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX):
    joeykid7 (XBox Live)

AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ:
    NA

Time Zone:
    US Central

General Availability for User vs User games:
    Late evenings (after 9:00pm central time)

Favorite Teams:
    Chelsea FC
    Tottenham Hotspurs
    Fulham FC

How did you hear about Tradition Sports:
    EA Fifa 12 Forums

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    No.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    I have been playing video games since 1979 or so. I started playing online about a week ago.

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    I love to see a great play, whether it's me or my opponent who scores. I'm a generally relaxed guy, but I love the thrill of a good battle on the pitch. Tight matches which end 0-0 or 1-0 are exciting to me. Also, if the game is played well by both me and my opponent, it doesn't really matter to me who wins--although I might grit my teeth or yell if my opponent scores a winning goal in the last few seconds :).

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    I came here looking for a mature group of players, so I'm hoping I'll match up quite well.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    Yes. I have no concerns at this time.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    I am a university professor who loves soccer. I began playing when I was six, during the NASL days back in the 1970s. I don't play any more, but now I love to play Fifa.

I teach new media writing, web design, and game design.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?
    I think I would fit in quite well, since everything you describe about the leagues matches the way I already like to play Fifa.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?
    A group of friendly regulars with whom to compete at online soccer.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    I think I would probably finish out the game and then write up a brief report explaining what happened and send it to the league moderator/director. Although it depends on what exactly the violation is. If someone started sending offensive or threatening messages to me during a match, I probably wouldn't stay until the end.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?
    I am here exclusively to join the Manual controls league for Fifa 12. However, I think there may be a waiting list. I do not play any other games regularly, so I will wait on the list until a spot becomes available.

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    joeykid7 - thanks for making your way over to TSO. We are glad to have you.

Application approved.

The Richuation should be able to get you hooked up with the FIFA league.

4. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I have you wait listed...

5. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Our XBOX FIFA home is here:http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/forums/tfl-tradition-fĂștbol-league.603/

Right now we have the MLS league coming to an end. Feel free to jump into the friendly thread to get some games in. Otherwise, next stop... FIFA13.

6. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

forget something? hehe.. had to do it..

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Good call.

8. joeykid7

joeykid7 Walk On

Thanks a lot for the welcome you guys! I'm really looking forward to getting involved.

And thanks Richuation for getting me on the waitlist already. I guess I'd better get my FIFA 13 preorder in. I'll head over in the next day or two and try to hook up with some of the other guys for friendlies.

9. joeykid7

joeykid7 Walk On

The Richuation:

Just a quick follow-up: I can't seem to post or reply over in the TFL Futbol forums. They all say I have insufficient privileges. Is there something I'm supposed to do first?

10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

you should be good now. Sorry for the confusion.

11. joeykid7

joeykid7 Walk On

Thanks RynoAid. It works perfectly.