Approved New Member: jonskinny12

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jun 8, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Feb 28, 2011
    Welcome jonskinny12,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here:

TSO Staff
  2. jonskinny12

jonskinny12 Walk On

Jun 8, 2012
    Name: Jon
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): JonSkinny12 (XBOX)
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: jonskinny12 (YIM)
    Time Zone: Mountain
    General Availability for User vs User games: Pretty much anytime. I work from home 4 out of 5 days and could take a break, or play in the late afternoon/evening. I can also play late at night.
    Favorite Teams: Utah (NCAA), 49ers (NFL), Ducks (NHL)
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports: Google

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? I played in an online Madden league on

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? I've been playing video games since I learned how to type "frogger" on my Dad's PC when I was about 4. We got a PlayStation when I was in junior high and have been playing console games heavily ever since (probably about 15 years). I've been playing online for 3-4 years.

3. What type of player would you say you are? I like to play competitively, but I'm a big fan of realistic/simulation playing. I'm a very sportsmanlike player, I can take wins and losses gracefully. After all, it is just a game.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? Sounds like I fit right in with the age.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? Yes, I have read the rules. My only question/concern (NCAA Football) is about the fourth down rule. I understand each league is different and you need to draw a line for the general rule somewhere. I'm not an advocate of going for it on 4th down all the time, but if I've got the ball 4th and 3 from my opponent's 37 yard line, my kicker struggles with anything beyond 50 yards, I'm playing into the wind, and the game is close and in the 2nd or 3rd quarter, my only option is to miss a field goal or punt it? I know many teams would absolutely go for it in that situation, but situations like that are pretty specific and normally only come around once every few games. I'm fine with the rule, but just wanted to ask for clarification. Again, if that's a league-specific rule I can talk about with the commissioner.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. I live in Utah, I'm currently married with 2 boys and a girl on the way.I work (mostly from home) as a web developer. I've always loved both sports and video games, so this is the perfect outlet for me.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community? As I mentioned above, I really enjoy realistic and sportsmanlike playing, and it's clear this site promotes that. I also like the community aspect of this forum, so I'm looking forward to getting to know people.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? To become a part of a great online league and have a lot of fun.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? If both my opponent and I have headsets, try to immediately address the problem calmly. Otherwise, play out the rest of the game with the usual simulation style and PM the commissioner after the game.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup? Yes, I have. I'd prefer to join an NCAA Football league with a lot of users and real conferences. I like the idea of having the users spread across 2 to 4 conferences to create big non-conference user vs user matchups, as well as competing with users for the conference championship. I also like to play within the current, real conferences. Having the Coaches Carousel wide open is also a cool idea. Some of the leagues I'm interested in are Overdrive, Legendary Veterans, Orange Crush, 4th Horseman, and The Trifecta.
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Feb 9, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    Application Approved

In regard to the 4th down varies from league to league based on trust really. The longer a league has been together the more likely they are to allow situations like you outlined. The best rule is to pause the game and discuss it with your opponent and respect his wishes. We have good members that will make the right call most of the time.
  4. jonskinny12

jonskinny12 Walk On

Jun 8, 2012
    Got it. Thank you!