Approved New Member: josephyw

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jun 22, 2013.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome josephyw,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. josephyw

josephyw Walk On

Name: Joseph Wilk
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): josephyw (Xbox)
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ:
    Time Zone: Eastern
    General Availability for User vs User games: Tuesday through Thursday after 6:30 PM (I stay up somewhat late, so I can accommodate most westerners until maybe around 12:30 AM EST), most Saturdays and Sundays during the day
    Favorite Teams: Pitt (alma matter), Wisconsin (favorite team as a kid), Northwestern (NCAA), and any professional Pittsburgh or Chicago team, minus the Cubs
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports: various forums

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? I've played private leagues amongst friends, primarily NCAA, Madden, and NHL. The boring ease of playing against the CPU and our inability to beat a certain dominant person in our league (not me) led to the leagues all getting very stagnant.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? I've been playing video games since the 80s, starting with Pong against my dad on Atari. I haven't been playing online since maybe 10, since I don't have as much time as most people to excel at the game.

3. What type of player would you say you are? I like sports first and foremost and try to replicate the sport as much as possible (and in turn play against people who feel the same). I tend to be very good against the CPU and terrible against humans due to nerves, though I think playing more consistently would be more fun and take the edge off. I really enjoy exploring the playbook and trying to call a balanced game, whenever possible.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? I get the feeling my maturity level is about where everyone else's is. I'm kind of goofy when I settle in or get to know people, though.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? I have read them and think they are very reasonable. I don't think I understand "The above rules do not apply to teams who use the 'No Huddle' offense feature in the game." because I haven't played NCAA since 12 and don't know what this feature is. Or perhaps this is in regard to anybody playing as a team who in real life generally utilizes the spread no-huddle, such as Oregon?

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. I am a librarian and deejay who also happens to be a former high school five sport athlete. While in college, I suffered several debilitating collisions with automobiles while riding my bike, which--after several unsuccessful surgeries--physically ended my ability to ever compete in sports again. This led me to online leagues, where for years I've unsuccessfully been searching for a league with good competitive balance.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community? I am a pretty easy-going person who can get along with just about everyone, as long as they're interested in getting along.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? I'm looking forward to playing with a solid, fun group through many season. What I like about NCAA games is that there is a lot of roster turnover (probably too much, since they still haven't expanded rosters, as I understand it), so people can't just lock up a bunch of superstars with long-term contracts and cruise through the team-building aspects of the game.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? I contact the player, make sure they know the rule in question, and if not give them a chance to propose a fair solution. Otherwise, I'd contact the commissioner for resolution.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup? I'd like an NCAA 14 dynasty with a fair amount of user match-ups, that advances regularly but not too often (maybe 2-3 times per week at most), because I am often busy with work or deejay duties. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the game around launch and skip Madden and all other sports games/next gen systems entirely, so I'd hope that people stay on throughout the life of the game.

3. josephyw

josephyw Walk On

Is there no way to edit posts? I'm embarrassed I spelled "alma mater" incorrectly. Ha!

4. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

In ncaa 13 you had the option of designating that your team ran no huddle. If you weren't a no huddle team then you could only go no huddle in the situations that are described in the rules. If you were a no huddle team then you were exempt from the situations of 2 minute drill, down by "X" points, etc. Hopefully that clears up the confusion some.

App approved. Welcome to TSO! Let us know if you need any help figuring things out.

You can click the link below to view which leagues have openings.
    http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/forums/league-openings.588/

5. josephyw

josephyw Walk On

Awesome, thanks! Is this an option that's part of being in a TSO league, or built into the game? I rarely even run no-huddle, I'm just curious.

6. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

It's a setting in the game. You can set your coaching preferences. Set which offensive/defensive playbook your team uses and whether you are no huddle or not.