Approved New Member: Jshaver

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Sep 12, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome Jshaver,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. Jshaver

Jshaver Banned

Name: John
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): John Shaver
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ:
    Time Zone: Central
    General Availability for User vs User games: evenings between 6:00-11:00pm
    Favorite Teams: All Chicago teams.
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports: Found it from reading other forums like Operation Sports and EA Forums.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    -- I played in a Madden league during Madden 11. I took some time off from gaming last year for the birth of my son John Jr and now I'm all settled and ready to get back into the swing of things.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    -- Prior to my 1 year hiatus, I was playing online all the time

3. What type of player would you say you are?

-- I'm assuming you mean, do I consider myself sim? The answer to that is yes. I don't play random lobby games, so I wouldn't know the first thing about being not sim.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    -- I am a little older, at 35 I feel like I'll fit right in though.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    -- read and understand fully.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

-- Born and raised in Chicago Illinois. Life long Chicago Sports fan (cubs not white sox). I work for Riddell (the football helmet people) here in Chicago.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?
    -- I feel like I will fit right in. I've been browsing through the forums and sub forums and there seem to be plenty of leagues that I would have fun playing in.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?
    -- all around good time, win or lose and to make a few friends along the way.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    -- I've had that happen a few times in other leagues in the past. If a minor rule is broken once or twice I usually don't say anything about because I'm sure everyone makes a mistake now and again. If someone is clearly trying to take advantage of something though, I would just follow the proper steps and let the commish of the league handle it. I've learn to never confront the person during or after the game because that usually just leads to a screaming match on the forums, and, from afar, people can't tell who the real idiot is haha.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?
    -- I've looked at some of the PS3 Madden leagues. From the looks of things the 12th Man one looks good. I also checked out a few of the NCAA Leagues, the Cream of the Crop looks like a really cool league with guys that are clearly dedicated. In Season 5 already? Good lord haha. All in all, I don't think I'll have any trouble finding a league here as they all seem welll organized full of high quality owners.

3. Bucsfan94

Bucsfan94 Walk On

4. Jshaver

Jshaver Banned

5. Bucsfan94

Bucsfan94 Walk On

Too bad, just from reading your profile you seem like a stand up guy. Good luck in your league hunting.

6. Jshaver

Jshaver Banned

From going through the Boards, It looks like Hard Knocks is a really good league. For some reason I can't post in their application thread though.

any ideas?

BobJr

^ did i do that right?

7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    It's because you aren't approved yet.

Now you are.:)

Application Approved.

8. Jshaver

Jshaver Banned

Thanks Shaun.

9. Jshaver

Jshaver Banned

Question

What does "points" mean?

At the top right, it shows my Posts, Likes, and Points... I have 1 point :)

David
    Shaun Mason

10. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    We don't really use the points here.

11. Jshaver

Jshaver Banned

Oh ok.

12. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Welcome John!

We have a few spots open in the VFL (PS3 Madden). Take a look here. Would love to have you!

13. Jshaver

Jshaver Banned

Sounds good man. What teams are currently open?