Approved New Member: KangsBaseball

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by KangsBaseball, Aug 8, 2014.

Should Derek be approved?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
  2. No

0 vote(s)
  1. KangsBaseball

KangsBaseball Walk On

Aug 8, 2014
    Name: Derek
    Gamertag/PSN: SeattleMLB15
    Which consoles do you play on?: XBOX One
    Time Zone: PST
    What is your general availability for User vs User Games?: 6:00 PM - 12:00 AM Pacific Time
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports?:
    Google Search

1) Have you ever played in any Online Leagues before? If so, where?:
    Yes, West Coast Football League on X-Box 360(was the commissioner for a couple seasons). I also played in a couple of League Daddy leagues in past years. Took the year off from leagues last year, but looking to get back in the game with Madden 15 (X-Box One)

2) How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?:
    I have been playing video games since the Super Tecmo Bowl days of NES. Some of my favorite memories were playing entire seasons of Tecmo with my friends in HS over the course of a single weekend. Fun times...

In terms of online, I've been playing for 4-5 years. As mentioned above, took the last year off but looking forward to the opportunity to start back up.

3) What type of player would you say you are?:
    While I wouldn't consider myself a great player (or even a good one for that matter), I enjoy the competition. My style is a simulation type style - I will always defer to what you would see in the NFL over what might give me a better chance to win a given game. While I like to win as much as the next guy, I would never sacrifice realism in order to win an online league game.

A couple philosophies of mine from running a league in the past are:
    1) Leagues are only as good as their weakest players. The strongest leagues out there have committed players who aren't very good but love competing week in and week out. (Personally, I would probably fall into this category)

2) When you play in a league, the good of the league should always take precedence over the good of my team. This starts from the league commissioner and trickles down to each and every team owner. If you had a league of 32 selfless owners who put the league first, it would be extremely enjoyable to be a part of.

4) Our community consists of a more mature bunch with the average age hovering around 25-30 years old. How do you feel about any difference or similarities between our population and your age?:
    I started my online gaming career between those ages. As I have gotten older and taken on more responsibilities in my work and family life, I have come to appreciate the competition and sim-style gaming sites like this provide. I don't have the free time that I used to, so when I am able to sit down and play a game, I want the experience to be enjoyable. This is what intrigued me about this community.

5) Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.:
    I'm a 36 year-old husband and father of three. I work in eCommerce and coach baseball, living in Seattle, WA. I'm a huge Dolphins and Mariners fan.

6) Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?:
    I can see myself fitting into this community extremely well. Based on reading through the rules, I think I will find a lot of players on the site who share the same values as I do when it comes to online gaming. If approved, I can see myself being a strong contributor to the league I'm fortunate enough to play in, and really enjoying my experience.

7) What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?:
    As mentioned in question 4 above, I am hoping to be able to have a great experience with the majority of my opponents. Not having as much free time as I had in my early-to-mid 20's, it is important to me to play opponents who play like I do. Win or lose, I want a fair, competitive, NFL like game.

8) [SITUATION]: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?:
    The first thing I would do is pause the game and talk to my opponent about the rule violation. The best case scenario would be for us to resolve the situation at the time. However, if we cannot come to an agreement on the rule violation, I would continue on, completing the game win or lose. At the end of the game, I would send a private message to the league commissioner about the violation and work within the confines of the league rules to come to a fair resolution.

9) Have you checked out the different league openings here at TSO? Have you found any leagues you are interested in? What is your preferred setup?:
    I have - I am hoping to join one of the XBox One leagues - perhaps the newly started league posted in the League Openings forum.

I have read and agreed to the rules of the site.
  2. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Mar 22, 2012