Approved New Member: klhart49

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Feb 12, 2013.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome klhart49,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. klhart49

klhart49 Walk On

Name: Kevin
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): klhart49 (PS3)
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: AIM
    Time Zone: Eastern US
    General Availability for User vs User games: Nights M-F (after 6pm), weekends
    Favorite Teams: 49ers
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports: A player in a Madden league I run directed me (supermarkymark)

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? Madden. I run a league.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? Been playing video games most my life, but I just started playing online with Madden '13, mainly because I dislike dealing with unsportsmanlike players and don't even like taking the risk of running into one. That's why TSO seems like a perfect solution.

3. What type of player would you say you are? I'm used to playing AI, so I'm inexperienced vs human players. I strive for realistic gameplay. I've always been a conservative-type player. With football I prefer simple playcalling; running the ball and using short passes. I certainly wouldn't say that I'm an amazing player - I'd say I'm pretty average. I don't like losing, but I can take it like a man. I'd rather lose with dignity than win without it. I just want to feel like I'm part of a community, playing enticing games with friends.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? Age doesn't matter much to me. I just want to play mature players who play the game the right way and conduct themselves with professionalism.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? Yes I've read the rules. My only concern is that I do run a pretty simple offense, so I do run a lot of simple slants/drags/curls etc. It's very much a west coast offense. Am I going to get penalized for this? I certainly don't just call the same play over and over again, but there are plays that I may use 3-4 times a game (everyone has that short list of 'tried and true' plays) for big spots.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. I'm married, no kids. Live in Toledo, OH. Work in marketing research. I primarily play sports and RPGs. That's why I like this league; it seems like a good mix. It's not just playing games, but you do really get to take the role of a coach and interact with other users, and create a community. I hope to join a league and be in it for a while. Happy to share more info if you'd like to know anything else.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community? I like to role play as my coach; think about what I'd say in a press conference after a game, or interviews throughout the week/offseason. If there are leagues that look for user-generated content (like the Virtual Football League), I'd be happy to provide things like press conferences, interviews, ESPN articles, etc. Other than that, I'm happy to just talk with other players after a game; de-brief what happened, talk about certain plays/moments from the game, etc.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? Community-based gaming with friends. Hopefully being matched up with mature, committed, and evenly-matched players. A steady league where user turnover is low and players get to know each other. And preferably a league with some user-generated content to take the game to another level. A league that feels real, and not just a game.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? If it were something minor, I would raise my concern(s) with the player, and depending on his reaction may forward my concerns on to the commish. If it were something major, I'd go straight to the commish and ask him/her how they wanted to handle the situation.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup? I checked out VFL (directed to that league by Supermarkymark). That seems like a good league that I'd be happy to be in. I like the user-generated content that they provide (post-game descriptions, scouting reports for teams, etc.) Aside from that, I'd be looking for something with all-pro or all-madden difficulty. Only current game I have is Madden, but would be interested in MLB or WWE leagues. I need to look more in to what games the site offers leagues for.

• Like Like x 1
  3. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Shaun Mason

Kevin was referred by MarkyMark67 to join the VFL. Not trying to rush. Just wanted to know if he was approved. I hear he is anxious to check out TSO. Thanks!

4. klhart49

klhart49 Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  5. klhart49

klhart49 Walk On

Hi, just wanted to check in on the status of my application. Is there any additional information I can provide to speed up the process? Thanks.

6. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    klhart49

Sorry for the wait, it appears it was a crazy weekend for the mod staff.

Great application and welcome to TSO.

• Like Like x 2
  8. klhart49

klhart49 Walk On

Thanks Drifterbub! Happy to be a member!

• Like Like x 1