Approved New Member: KNICKSFAN_84

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jul 12, 2013.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Feb 28, 2011
    Welcome KNICKSFAN_84,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here:

TSO Staff
  2. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

Jul 12, 2013
    Name: Michael Caudell
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): PSN: KNICKSFAN_84
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: N/A (but if league requires use of AIM I will sign up for an account)
    Time Zone: EST
    General Availability for User vs User games: After 8pm EST any day except for Wednesday or Sunday
    Favorite Teams: MLB: Yankees
    NBA: Knicks
    NFL: Cowboys
    NCAA: Virginia Tech

How did you hear about Tradition Sports: Typed in a google search looking for an NCAA 14 dynasty, I have a membership with Operation Sports but all their leagues are full plus it seems like all the leagues over there are filled with the same guys. (I noticed one guy in 4 different leagues)

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? I've played in NCAA and Madden leagues on Xbox most were found either on OS or from EA forums. I've also had experience helping run leagues.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? I got my first system for Christmas in 1989. I fell in love with sports games the first time I played Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball for SNES and have been hooked ever since. I've been playing online since Madden and NCAA 07.

3. What type of player would you say you are? I am a strict SIM style player thus I hate to play random quick matches. I take pride in both my victories as well as losses as long as the game was played fair and SIM from both parties. I have quit games before but only against people who are throwing every SIM rule completely out of the window (I don't have time for arrogant jerks who take advantage of the game's flaws). Also if I schedule a game and something comes up to prevent the game from starting on time I take the extra time to inform my opponent of the situation and work to come up with a resolution be it a reschedule or having myself set to auto so they can play the CPU.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? There are no differences here, I'm a few months shy of turning 29. I prefer to game with people in this age group or even older, I've never been a fan of gaming with teenagers or people in their early 20s. Even when I was younger I always sought out the older more mature gamers (for that matter IRL most of my actual friends are older than me)

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? Yes, I read over the rules and I like what I see. I am willing and able to abide by all the rules of both the leagues and the forums and am well able to adapt to any changes made to the rules in the future.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. My name is Mike, I'm 28 years old, married with three children. I am a stay at home dad (one of the greatest jobs in the world) as well as a semi-professional musician. I enjoy the occasional FPS but my main hobby gaming wise is sports games so when I'm not spending time with my family or jamming with the band you'll find me grinding out on my franchise in MLB The Show or my Dynasty in NCAA.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community? I'm generally a non-confrontational type of person, I prefer to diffuse a situation rather than ignite it. I'm always willing to help people if I'm able to and I go to great lengths to establish good relationships with other people both in the real world and in gaming forums.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? I hope to join up with a good league that's gonna last more than one season. I also hope to meet some gamers that I can just have a good time playing with outside of the league settings I don't want to just join a league and only play the members when we have a scheduled game I want to be involved with gamers who when they see you log on will shoot you a message for a scrimmage game or if they notice in the league that you're struggling with a certain aspect of the game will be willing to teach you the ropes in order to make your experience even more enjoyable.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? My first instinct is to pause the game and make them aware of the violation as it happens and watch to see what their reaction is, if they don't respond but fix the problem and follow the rules from then on I leave it alone. If they continue to break the rules then the next step is to finish out the game and inform either the league commissioner or a site administrator of the incident.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?
    Honestly I have not yet looked into them, my first priority was to read over the site rules to ensure that I would even want to be here, now that I have finished my application I will browse the forums to see if I find anything of interest. Thanks
  3. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Mar 22, 2012
    Great app my friend.. Approved. Welcome to TSO. If they is anything we can do to help you out let us know.. Check out the new member leagues within the new member lounge for ps3 ncaa openings..
  4. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

Jul 12, 2013
    Thanks! I'm looking forward to being a member here