Approved New Member: kursku

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jul 12, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome kursku,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. kursku

kursku Walk On

Name: Nicolas Antonio Bargiela
    PSN: kursku
    Time Zone: GMT -3
    General Availability for User vs User games: From monday throught
    Favorite Teams: Texas Longhorns, Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers, Dallas Mavericks
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports: Someone was talking about it in a EA NCAA 13 Forum

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

I've played lots of online RTS communities like AoE, SC2, Diablo II and 3. Sports title was only between friends, during a short period of time.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?

My first video game was around 15 years ago, and I've been playing online games since 2002.

3. What type of player would you say you are?

Commited, straight to the point, statswise and organized. I like to do my best, during my online play.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

Actually, I've always been around with older people, specially because of my parents. Even in the online community I was always the younger one.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

Nop

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    Well, first of all, I'm sorry for bad english, since it's not my first language. Some misspelling will be around, but I'm using it to improve it. I've always been a fan of American Sports. The first football game I watched was UT vs USC in the National back in 2006. Ever since, I'm always trying to understand more the game, playing more, even starting a football team in my hometown. So, be around of guys who are really deep in the Football world, is an Amazing experience for me.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?
    Always trying to be active in the forum, reading most of the posts and whenever is necessary try to explain my point of view.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?
    Lots of fun :D

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    First, warn the opponent about what he've done. If it happens for a second time, record the highlight or either take a snapshot and let the Mod's know what happened.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?

I've seen the Blue Chips, Second to None and In the Trenches. I usually preffer leagues with multiple conferences.

3. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Thanks for applying Nicolas. Could you explain your answer to question #3 a bit more for me?

4. kursku

kursku Walk On

Well, usually i like to spend some time with the things I do. For example, thanks to my job, i'm online all the time. So if there is something needed, outsite my ps3, I will always try to help. But i'm addicted to stats, like comparing, studying, planning. And i'm really competitive, most of the time I'm playing any kind of sports title i've choose the weaker teams, to improve them to the top.

I don't like cheating, at any level. Fairplayer type?

5. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

The only thing that concerns me is the stats focus. While using them as a tool to analyze your gameplan and such can be helpful, 'stat whoring' is very frowned upon in this community. Stats should occur as they typically do in real life by reflecting an effort to win the game in a sim manner. We don't want guys just trying to focus on getting their QB to be the passing leader or make their runner have the most rushing TDs etc... Does this make sense?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  6. kursku

kursku Walk On

Of curse! Since it's a sim league, doesn't make sense unless you are Texas Tech,lol. But besides that, usually the stats are to analyze. For a long period of time, I used to play Goal Line Blitz. So I had to make some charts, new strategies and gameplans for each week. Never had a player that was "the best" in the league, since the main focus is the championship.

7. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Which now leads me to another thing... #5 is a 2 part question, is the answer no to both? or that you have read the rules and have no questions?

using a goalline blitz is frowned upon or prohibited in leagues unless it is a short yardage or goalline situation. I understand you are newer to the sport than most of us who grew up with it, so it may take some adjusting for you. I think you have the right kind of attitude that would would want to adjust your game and be receptive to feedback.

Drifterbub
    Shaun Mason
    RynoAid

Any opinions or comments from you guys before I move forward with this app?

8. kursku

kursku Walk On

9. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Oh I am sorry my mistake lol, I misunderstood your comment

10. kursku

kursku Walk On

lol, no problem!

11. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

12. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

I think he's good man

13. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

Anybody who played AoE normally is........ Time to break out the "monk rush"!