New Member: LambeauLeap04

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by LambeauLeap04, Jul 7, 2010.

1. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

Jul 6, 2010
    New Member: LambeauLeap04

Name: Tim
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): PSN - LambeauLeap
    Email: (I also have gmail, but only use it for professional purposes or with friends...but I would certainly be willing to give it to members in a league)
    AIM: LambeauLeap04
    Time Zone: Eastern
    General Availability: Very flexible throughout the week. Only Sundays I would have difficulty being able to play a game.
    Favorite Teams: Green Bay Packers, Penn State football, Villanova basketball
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Forums on Operation Sports

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

I played in OD's for NCAA 2009 for ps3. They were leagues that assembled with random people through forums, and unfortunately, like most unorganized leagues, they fizzled. However, I was very active and did not miss any cpu or user games and took recruiting very seriously.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?

I have been playing video games for about 14 years - with my first system being Sega Genesis (favorite games RBI Baseball 94 and NHL 94 through 96). I started playing Madden online for ps2 when online play was just picking up steam (can't remember the year of the madden game).

3. What type of player would you say you are?

I am an extreme sim player, which is why I was attracted to this site. I have played in multi-user Madden franchises since Madden 2002 with friends who used to call about 3 plays the entire game and use Michael Vick to run around the field every play. There is no one who hates playing against cheese more than me, and I would rather lose a game than play with cheap tactics. Granted, I have become quite good in playing against players who cheese (from experience in playing ranked games with NCAA 09 and 10), so I am very intrigued to play in a league where cheap tactics are strictly enforced. I use the entire playbook, NEVER call the same play twice, stay in the pocket, etc etc. Basically, if I don't play in a realistic manner that replicates what I see on Saturdays and Sundays, I'm not having fun. Heck, I used to purposely never use the Truck-Stick because I was mad that EA implemented a feature that was NFL Blitz-esque and was unrealistic. So I look forward to playing against other players who play the game how it is supposed to be played and not abused.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

No problem whatsoever. Usually mature adults are the ones who appreciate the game of football more and I would imagine play SIM the most.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

Yes, I have read both and was extremely impressed. I almost couldn't believe there were other people in the world who play like me! No concerns because I already abide by the vast majority of the rules and everything else are simple details that will be easy to adjust to.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

I graduated from Penn State University with a degree in accounting in 2008. I worked at Big 4 accounting firm up until the end of last year when I decided I wanted to pursue my dream of becoming a Marine. So I am enlisted in the Marine Corps and will be sent to recruit training next year. I live in Villanova, PA (western suburb of Philadelphia). I generally root for most Philly teams EXCEPT the eagles. I am a devout Packers fan (in case my username didn't give it away haha) as a result of my mom and her whole side of the family growing up in vicinity to Green Bay. After suffering through 4th and 26 and dealing with obnoxious eagles fans, I will root against them for the rest of my life haha.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community?

I will certainly be as active as the rest of the league and take part in everything that is asked of me (votes, polls, etc). I am a HUGE fan of real life recruiting (especially Penn State, but also on a national scale to some degree, and I read recruiting news from daily) so I really enjoy the recruiting and program building aspect of NCAA. I really look forward to being in a league that has a lot of fun with recruiting.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF?

I hope to be able to be in an online dynasty that has fair rules and advances at a consistent pace (i.e. at least twice a week) with players that do not abuse the game and look for glitches. I want to go up against players that beat me because they outsmarted me and/or had better players rather than use absurd plays from the Florida playbook on every play. It would be cool to play with guys with similar interests and passions for football.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

Finish the game and then ask my opponent about it and try to understand his explanation. If he does not admit to anything, then I would inform the commissioner of the league privately and then go from there.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of?

Yes, I have checked out a few of the leagues and have been very impressed. I have noticed many of the leagues are full though. Some of the things that I would be very much interested in would be:
    - a league that all users have to start with a 1* team and build the program
    - a league that has all teams in one or two conferences to ensure the most user recruiting battles (like an ACC/SEC dynasty)
    - a league that stresses advancing every 2 days or so. Obviously life can get in the way, but it would be fun to be with a group of guys that all did their best to keep the dynasty moving at a good pace.

I would be willing to pay to be in a premier league if I could find something with openings with anything I mentioned above.
  2. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Jul 6, 2009
    I'm going into my Junior year at PSU majoring in Energy, Business, and Finance. I live outside of Scranton, PA and agree that I HATE Philly fans. Welcome!
  3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Oct 8, 2009
    Great Application Tim! Application Approved, Welcome to TF.

Lucky for you there is a PS3 Premier Dynasty with an opening that meets all three of these guidelines. Its called the Good, the Bad, and the Nasty. You can check out their forums HERE.

- GBN is a Online dynasty with all users in the MAC, so many are 1 star teams.
    - The Mac is split into 2 divisions, similar to the SEC, ACC, and Big 12.
    - GBN advance time is 48 hrs for all weeks without a user game, and 72 hours with user games.

If you are interested shoot a msg to CLW and he may be able to get you setup. Let me know if you have anymore questions.
  4. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

Jul 6, 2010
    Thanks, man. I envy you still being in State College. Good times.
  5. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

Jul 6, 2010
    Awesome, thanks man. I'll definitely check out that league.
  6. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Apr 12, 2010
    Lambeau I sent u a pm. I'm on the road on business but I'll have some access to the net via my droid. If you have any ?s shoot me a PM