Approved New Member: Leonidas3737

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jul 15, 2013.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome Leonidas3737,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. Leonidas3737

Leonidas3737 Walk On

Name: Bobby Epps
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): Leonidas3737
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: N/A but I don't mind getting one if I need to.
    Time Zone: Eastern
    General Availability for User vs User games: Any day of the week after 7 pm.
    Favorite Teams: GA Tech
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports: Doing research, trying to find a solid online dynasty

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? No

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? 18 years. Since the original Xbox Live came out.

3. What type of player would you say you are? Casual but competitive. I don't mind losing at all if I feel like the other person earned it. Vice Versa, I'll openly admit if/when pure luck or what seemed like a bug helped me win, and would rather lose than have a bug tainted win.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    Although I am a little younger than the average, I have been happily married for over two years, enjoy spending time at home with my wife and my dogs, and just opened a business with my wife. I'd expect the older demographic to be more about the game of football and less about the game of xbox ncaa. The reason I found this place is because I just joined an OD with my 18 year old brother and some of his friends, and was extremely disappointed because they felt like the recruiting aspect was stupid and simmed over all of it. I enjoy the entire package and am hoping that the older demographic will take recruiting seriously also which I feel will make the game way more enjoyable.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    Yes. Everything sounds good to me, especially the rule on chewing the clock (Hallelujah!)
    6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    I played football for 12 years and was lucky enough to get to play a year in college. (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/380617/bobby-epps). I transferred down to division II after a shoulder injury, then had my career but short by two more shoulder injuries at my new school. I love football and want(ed) to coach at some point in my life. I was able to keep my scholarship at my second school, and be the position coach for the position I had played, and was doing that until I met my wife and moved home to GA to start our life together (seemed like a good idea at the time lol. In all seriousness though I would do it again right now). Since then I scrambled for a few more years to keep the bills paid and finish my degree. I was never able to get back into coaching because we couldn't afford for me to take that amount of time off of work in order to do the student teaching. But we were able to get on our feet and recently opened a business together. It's only been a week since we opened, but I think we will do well and it is nice to have time again for things like NCAA.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?
    I think that I will fit in just fine. I won't be the busiest person alive on the forums but I do make it a point to respond quickly and accurately to anything that is needed from me. I also don't wear a microphone because I like to be able to talk to my wife while I'm playing. As far as the overall direction and attitude of the community I think we are right on the same page. I'm extremely disappointed with Xbox live this year because it seems like every single person I play uses the exact same offense and defense, and usually chews the clock from the first quarter. I love the game of football, I've got a background in it, was recruited myself, and would love to play the xbox version with people who also appreciate it.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?
    I feel like I've already answered that with my previous posts, but for the sake of being thorough: What I hope to get out of being a member is the experience of enjoying the entire game with people who appreciate the game. I can't wait for recruiting to have that extra level of competitiveness, and it is just more fun in general to see what other people are doing within the same dynasty. I hope I've found a group of gamers who just genuinely enjoy the games and don't instantly youtube the best glitches and hacks the second the game comes out. I think playing with other people who care about the game will exponentially enhance the experience.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    First off I would just remind my opponent of the rule because it most likely just slipped their mind and will probably want to make up for it. If not, according to the rules I employ the "two wrongs don't make a right" policy, finish out the game as courteously as possible, and save some highlights to throw up the ladder to the people who are in charge of monitoring these kinds of things.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?
    I did check out several of them. From what I've read I'm interested in "The Underclassmen" and "Football IQ".

Thanks for your consideration!

3. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Approved.. Welcome to TSO. Feel free to let me know if you need and help with anything.