New Member: Matt French

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Sep 22, 2011.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Feb 28, 2011
    Welcome Matt French,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here:

TSO Staff
  2. Frenchie1916

Frenchie1916 Just a clodhopper of footballer, running pell mell

Sep 22, 2011
    Name: Matt French
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): Frenchie1916 (PS3)
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: Frenchie1916 (Google Talk)
    Time Zone: Eastern
    General Availability for User vs User games: 9:30 p.m. - midnight, Eastern time
    Favorite Teams: Boston Red Sox, Liverpool F.C., New England Patriots, Chicago Blackhawks, Eintracht Frankfurt
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: EA Sports FIFA 12 forum

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? Never in an online league, just random head-to-head games in FIFA World Cup, COD: MW and MW2, Tiger Woods 2010, MLB: The Show '09

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? Video games since the Commodore 64 ('86-ish). Online for the past 6-7 years

3. What type of player would you say you are? I love playing video games, but am frequently frustrated by online experiences and thus tend to spend much of my time playing against the AI, particularly in sporting games. Because I don't have a regular group of players to compete against, I never know if I'm going to be playing with a world champion or someone who just picked up a controller for the first time. I'd like to break free of that cycle and TS seems a good place to do that.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? This sounds like a perfect fit for me. I'm a married father of two little ones, so while gaming is still a recreational passion, it can't be what drives my life. I'd love to be able to pick up a controller and play a competitive game or three in the evenings against players I get to know over time.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? Yes, and I'm cool with 'em.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. I'm a writer (hence my long-ish responses) living in Charlotte, NC working for a law firm. As I said, I'm married and a father of two. I'm an Army brat, so I've moved around a lot, and have thus been able to pick up sports teams from a number of different places. Video gaming has been a constant, however, since the Commodore 64 and then the earliest Nintendo. I live (and die, most years) with the Red Sox. I've become a passionate follower of Liverpool. I still play ice hockey twice a week. I'd guess I average between 15 and 25 hours of gaming per week, and I'd like the opportunity to have a friendly, competitive, but not-too-serious group of fellas to do it with.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community? From what I've read about the community and been able to pick up on the forums, I think I'd fit in quite well. While slightly older than your above-stated age bracket, I don't think I'm too far beyond the Pale.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? With FIFA 12 coming out next week, I'm looking for a regular group to play it with that will bypass most of the 12-hour-per-day players, button-mashers, cheaters and exploiters I've been reading too much about in the EA FIFA forums. None of my friends play futbol on their PS3s, so this seems like the ideal community to join. I regularly play 2010 FIFA World Cup: South Africa, but will be making the jump to FIFA 12). As I said, I'd like the opportunity to have a friendly, competitive, but not-too-serious group of fellas to do play with, with leagues, occasional tournaments, friendly banter and names, faces and profiles that I come to recognize over time.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? From what I gather the process seems to be pretty smooth. Record a replay of said offense, report it to the moderator, but always finish the game. I think I can do that. The only time I ever have to quit a game midway is when one of my kids gets sick in the middle of the game. If that happens (and it is infrequently, thankfully), I apologize, but the world stops. But your leagues seem to have a pretty good system of policing themselves, something that makes them attractive to the "more seasoned" gamer.​
    10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup? For now, I'm most interested in the Futbol leagues. With FIFA 12 comig out, I'd love to get in on a Premier League league, and it looks like there are some that are exceedingly well run. I really don't know what my preferred league setup would be. Perhaps something like the Premiership - 20 teams, head-to-head on a regularly scheduled basis. But it looks like The Richuation has a lot of the answers to the questions I don't even know to ask, so I'm going to go peruse the Futbol forum and see what there is to see.
  3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Jul 14, 2009
    Application approved. Welcome to TSO Matt
  4. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

Jan 31, 2011
    Welcome! We have open spots in the TFL PS3 Serie if you are interested. Send myself a PM and we'll get you set up
  5. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Feb 9, 2009
    great application.
  6. Frenchie1916

Frenchie1916 Just a clodhopper of footballer, running pell mell

Sep 22, 2011
    Glad you liked it... I felt ALL KINDS of pressure - gee, I hope they like me!
    • Like Like x 1