New Member: Maximus21

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by Maximus21, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

Dec 8, 2009
    New Member: Maximus21

Name: Matthew
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): PS3 - Maximus10280
    AIM: Maximus10280
    Time Zone: Eastern
    General Availability: daily, usually at night
    Favorite Teams: NY Giants
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Operation Sports

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

Never, outside of with my close friends in NCAA

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?

I've been playing video games since the Sega Genesis, loved Joe Montana footbal '94 when I was a kid. I've been online since 2004, but never played that much. I used to play MLB The Show online, but the game was choppy and the timing was always messed up on the swings. Played NCAA 10 online and the connection was much better than I remember from the past.

3. What type of player would you say you are?

I am definitely a sim player. The cheap stuff that people do online really blows my mind. They take it way too seriously. Everyone likes to win, but cheesing to do it takes away all the fun in my view. I wish that everyone played it like real football, but that seems to be unrealistic.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

I am 23, but I love football (both real and video game) so I don't think a few years would be any problem at all. Playing with older, more mature people should be a breeze.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

I've read the rules and agree with them. It seems like you are doing the best you can to keep it straight, so it's all good to me.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

Well I live in New York, and was brought up to love the Giants. The victory over the Patriots was incredible and given the result, I appreciate the journey, even though I had no idea they could pull it off. It almost makes up for getting destroyed by the Ravens in 2001, but that one still stings. I wish I was born in 1966, rather than 1986, so I could have seen Lawrence Taylor play.
    I love baseball too, but I severed ties with the Yankees when they signed Alex Rodriguez to the absurd 10 year contract, after they publicly stated that they wouldn't sign him. I actually was going to root for the Rays before 2008, but I know I would be seen as a bandwagon fan, given the timing. For now I root for great games, and maybe someday I will find a new team.

I definitely think this could be a great place for me, and I hope we can all become friends.

7. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of?

I looked through the leagues and noticed that Cream of the Crop has an opening, so I would like to join that. They all seem to be good, so I'd be fine with being on a League's waiting list if necessary.
  2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Apr 19, 2009
    Welcome to the site! You seem like you'll be a great addittion here, I'm sure you'll here from Cream of the Crop soon.
  3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Feb 9, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    If you are interested, the OFFL West is looking for solid contributing members.
  4. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Jun 22, 2009
    Welcome to TF Matthew! If you haven't already, send Hoodlum10 a PM about his opening in Cream of the Crop.. He should be able to hook you up if there is still an open spot..

And if you are interested in jumping on a waiting list, I would be happy to add you to Saturday Heroes.. Check out our League Forum and let me know..
  5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Feb 10, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    He's PS3 Shaun. Way to read. :)

Thank you for setting an example of how you should fill out an application. Your efforts are appreciated.
  6. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

Dec 8, 2009
    Thank you for the kind words. I sent hoodlum10 a PM about his league, and I will check out Saturday Heroes now.