New Member: Mental Flawss

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by Mental Flawss, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Mental Flawss

Mental Flawss Walk On

Name: Lu
    XBOX Live Gamertag : Mental Flawss
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: N/A
    Time Zone: PST
    General Availability for User vs User games: Varies due to work family, but usually PST late. I can work out occassional user game,, but usually spending family time before that.
    Favorite Teams: NCAA: USC (Team I root for), Arkansas, Wisconsin, Tennessee, UNC, FSU , Texas A&M (other teams I'd be down to run with in a dynasty) NBA: Lakers (Team I root for) Clippers

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    It's the feature I've waited for since childhood seasons of Tecmo Bowl with me, my brother & my friends. I actually never conssidered it until Sega Dreamcast though.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    Had a game system in the house since Atari as a child. I never really think about it, but my generation has had video games from their beginning.

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    I try to play realistically while realizing it's a video game. I'm competitive, I'll get salty after a loss. Especially when I feel like the other guy was using suspect tactics antics.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    Right in my wheelhouse, but I'd still like it to be serious gamers and not te guys who disappear for days. I understand your wife/kid situation, but don't get into a fast-moving dynasty if you're to successful/busy/whipped to play.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    Nah.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    Pharmacy Tech. Wife, 5YO kid. Pretty much it.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?
    I see no problems as long as people can take a little snark in their diet.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?
    I hope to get dynasties that move, that last, and take it serious, but not to the extreme.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    Depending on how egregious the situation, either address him direct & then hit up the commish.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?

Haven't checked out too many oter leagues, but a 2K draft league where everyone shows up and doesn't drop out to a losing streak would be nice....

2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Can you please elaborate more? This answer kind of worries me for the community

Thanks man.

3. Mental Flawss

Mental Flawss Walk On

I do hate losing, but I do realize it's only a game and it's not the 1st (or last) time I'll catch an . I'm not cussing someone out over XBOX Live or anything, but I feel a bring a good amount of competitiveness tempered by some perspective.

I'll call someone out W/L if I feel like the other guy was using cheap tactics (although it may be just a little more snarky should I lose). I don' get insulting or anything though, but I will be direct and ask for an explanation.

As far as my play style, I play legit. I don't bother going on YouTube to learn some rinse & repeat method to win. It takes the fun out of the game and I like playing Football rather than decipher shortcomings of the AI. Basically, I won't do stuff to another player that would cause piss me off.

Hope that explains some.

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

David - you got this?

5. Iron Mickey

Sounds good man. Welcome to TSO, application approved. I would recommend you watching this video.

6. Iron Mickey

yeah, thanks bro. Didn't even notice

7. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

dont call me bro, bro

8. Iron Mickey

[​IMG]