New Member: Merih

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by Merih, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

New Member: Merih

Name: Merih (I'd be happy to let you know the origin if you PM me)

XBOX Gamertag: Ambasa10

Email:
    hocbalghi@msn.com

AIM: Don't have one, can get one if the need arises

Time Zone:
    Eastern

General Availability: Before 11AM, after 7:30 PM

Favorite Teams:
    Ohio State Buckeyes

How did you hear about Tradition Football:

Well, I followed one of Hellisan's Dynasty Reports pretty religiously on another site. He was always talking about Tradition Football and the "Good Old Days". Once he was done updating that Report, I followed over here and have been lurking reading the weekly dynasty updates and scores and recruiting battles. Finally decided that this was my best chance at finding a true SIM league to play in.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

I've only played online dynasties (NCAA). However, I am also very interested in Madden and FIFA leagues. I also own NBA 2K10, but don't know exactly how those leagues are run. My online dynasties are usually hosted through www.buckeyeplanet.com , which is a fantastic sports website. Look into it if you have a chance!

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?

I've been playing games since I was about 5 or 6; only after my dad felt I was old enough to handle them. Started of with the first SEGA genesis (Sonic 2, favorite nostalgic game), then went through all iterations of it (including the Genesis 3, rather pointless). I then went to the Dreamcast, XBOX, and now XBOX 360.

I've been playing online since NCAA 2006. I don't like playing ranked matches, not enough realism for me. I mostly now play online and offline dynasty mode, with FIFA also.

3. What type of player would you say you are?

Sim only. Enough said. Rather lose by 30 and keep my values than win by 30 and be ashamed of myself.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

My GF would tell you that that's perfect for me...everyone in my life tells me how much older I am than my age. Yes, 20 is young. But, I'm a few months away from graduation (OSU - Civil Engineering) and I'm at the point where if I want to game I want to game for a reason. No more thrills of putting up 70 points. I want good communication with great people, and fulfilling, realistic gaming experiences.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

Yes I have. No concerns. It seems like alot to go over at first, but honestly I follow most of those rules already so it shouldn't be hard for me to adapt.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

You don't know what kind of trouble you've gotten yourself into with that question

Weeell. I'm an American Citizen, but a 1st generation immigrant. I'm an engineering major who firsthand can tell you how much a true physics engine would benefit the sport gaming world. I'm an Ohio State NUT, and follow them passionately (so if I'm a little pissy when my Buckeyes lose, please cut me some slack).

I would tell you more, but I promised my mother I'd only get that far on the second date :D

7. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of?

Here's the tricky part. I am dying to be a part of a league here that plays the style I do. But, I am in 2 leagues as is and also have an offline simulation dynasty that I am very immersed in. The 2 leagues I'm in are secondary, but I would feel bad bailing on those guys for something new.

Basically, I would like to be waitlisted. If one of my leagues drops (very likely given the circumstances) then joining a TF league would be priority numero uno.

Thanks for the time, sorry for the long read! Any questions?

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Welcome to TF, Merih!

Glad to have another engineer aboard. I always welcome the input from an analytical mind around here. Where are you from originally?

I think you will fit in well.

As far as leagues go, feel free to get on some waiting lists. If your status should change, you can post in this thread and we can go from there.

3. Merih

Well you know they say, Drifter... Leonardo was a master of the arts, and Aristotle a master of free thought. Napoleon a master of war, and Twain a master of your imagination. But without engineers, they'd just be drawing doodles and fighting with sticks in a cave.

I'm originally from Eritrea, which is here:

[​IMG]

Now that I've been approved, I hope you won't mind if I remove my last name from the original post?

4. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Not at all.

I can't say that I have even heard of your home country. Let alone anyone else from it.

Interesting. Why Ohio State of all the places you could have wound up? If you don't mind my prying, of course...

5. Merih

Well, to make a long and fascinating story short and equally interesting...

While I was born in Eritrea, I moved to the states when I was 3 years old. First stop was Dallas, Texas (which I still love to this day, GF lives there). But, the schools in the area did not accept my fathers educational background and wanted him to start as a freshman (very expensive, didn't have much money). So we moved to Columbus, Ohio to be closer to more family and for my dad to finish his degree (he's a mechanical engineer).

So when I really started getting into sports I was always in the shadow of the horseshoe. So I developed my passion for OSU football then, and my first autograph was from Eddie George. I could have went to Notre Dame, Texas A&M, or Ohio State...but the obvious choice was close to home...and the rest was history.

You might know someone from Eritrea. The winner of the NYC Marathon a few weeks ago, Meb Keflezghi, is Eritrean and also is an uncle of mine.

6. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I grew up 100 mile south of Dallas. I like that area too.

I went to Texas A&M. Obviously not because of their currently successful football program, but because of their engineering school.

HackGolfer, another member of management here, is also an alum of TAMU and a civil engineer.

Again, welcome. Feel free to hang around the boards until your interest/availability in a league spot here becomes more realistic for you.

7. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Welcome to TF! A couple of friends from my High School were from Eritrea. Good luck.

8. Merih

So you guys have a ton of pictures doing this:

(y)

With a ring on your finger right? That tradition always made me laugh when I visited College Station. My cousin just graduated from there in the summer. Ohio heat and Texas heat is incomparable.

9. Merih

You're from Minneapolis I'm assuming? Yeah there's a bunch of us out there, some of my friends went out there for tax season. You ever heard of Instant Tax service? You should get your taxes done there :D

10. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

No, I am from St. Paul. LOL, the guys I knew were from St. Paul as well. I think my boy said he moved here when he was like 8 or 9.

11. Merih

Weeeeell, since my commish didn't do it I guess I'll update it. :D I'm in The Tradition...

Being patient paid off, I'm in a league full of great guys that I'm gonna have a bunch of fun with.