Approved New Member: mikeb539

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jan 24, 2013.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome mikeb539,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. mikeb539

mikeb539 Walk On

Name: Mike B.
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): albanymike79 (PS3)
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: albanymike79 (AIM)
    Time Zone: EST
    General Availability for User vs User games: Weekdays: 5pm - 10:30pm est; weekends: all day
    Favorite Teams: Green Bay Packers
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports: Google search for Madden leagues.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    I have played online Madden leagues in the past through OperationSports and other sites I don't remember from past Madden releases.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    I've played video games since the mid-80's and have played online since about 2000.

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    I'm a sim player who's more interested in the GM aspects of the game, building a team, etc. I value in-game strategy more than 'stick skills' and viewing the game more as a chess match than who has the quicker reflexes.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    I'm 33, so that works for me. I'd rather play against opponents who are more mature than teenagers.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    Yes, I have thoroughly read the rules and have no concerns at this time.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    I'm a computer programmer in NY who loves football and the Packers. I've been out to Lambeau a few times to see games and think it's the greatest sports experience imaginable. I love all sports and the competitiveness that it brings, including softball, raquetball and volleyball.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?
    I'm a very active owner and will always be around for my games and to participate in promoting my team through updates, news stories, etc. Winning at all costs is not important to me. I can shake a loss off as soon is the game is over and work towards improving my scouting, strategy and team development.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?
    A quality online franchise experience with other like-minded gamers who want a sim-style NFL gaming league.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    Finish the game. Save a video if possible and present it, along with any complaint to the league commissioner to handle.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?
    12th Man Football seems like a good league, but I haven't taken an in depth look into them all as I want to get through the sign-up process first. I'm interested in any PS3 league that has openings, is active and well run.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Nice application Mike. Approved, welcome to TSO.

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    CHUNKNESS is the guy you want for 12th Man.

5. mikeb539

mikeb539 Walk On

Thank you! I will reach out to him now. (y)