Approved New Member: MR_BLUE_THUMBS

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jul 25, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome MR_BLUE_THUMBS,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. MR_BLUE_THUMBS

MR_BLUE_THUMBS Walk On

Hey Guys,

I've been cruising around this site and I think I might have found just what I'm looking for. Something akin to an online bowling league where folks aren't just sitting in the parking lot getting drunk, or playing leapfrog from lane to lane on tournament night, and rinsing your bowling ball in crisco before they hand it to you. ;)

I play Madden as well as NCAA (San Fran, Wake Forest) Not the best, not the worst, I pride myself on DNF 0%.

Looking forward to seeing you guys around campus.

3. MR_BLUE_THUMBS

MR_BLUE_THUMBS Walk On

working on questions...

4. MR_BLUE_THUMBS

MR_BLUE_THUMBS Walk On

Name: Edmond

Gamertag: MR_BLUE_THUMBS

Time Zone: EST (New York)

General Availablity: M-W 24/7 F-Sun 6-9pm Thur: NEVER ( I work a double shift)

Favorite Teams: San Fransisco 49ers, Wake Forest

How did i hear about TSO: Mentioned in online video interview.

1. Have I ever played in online leagues: Not for sports but I played MMO's for 7+ years.

2. How Long have I been playing video games: 28 years, online: 25 years.

3. What kind of player am I (In my opinion): Dedicated, especially if I find myself working with other individuals to use the tools available to create a unique experience.

4. Perceptions of community: Population sounds about just the right temperature. Not too slick and not too slack.

5. Rules and guidelines: Thorough, refreshing and based on my experience a clear demonstration of lessons learned and problems solved - made me think about my game play and adjustments I might have to make to conform - habits to break etc. But I am looking forward to seeing game potential under a logical set of group accepted ground rules to prevent experience breaking game play.

6. About me: Currency trader, turned security guard, turned boiler room operator apprentice/ currency trader :), served in the air force as a linguist (Arabic) short but interesting story there, seen a couple of things, looking forward to seeing a few more before I leave. Can remember playing football on my coleco handheld on the bus on my way to school (grade school) and being blown away by football simulator on my 286 PC watching the X's and O's scroll across the screen...

7. How would I fit in: I'm a DNF 0% player that wants to improve and enjoy the game with other like minded individuals.

8. What do I hope to get out of being a member: FREE STUFF!!!! No, seriously. Gamertags of folks in my buddy list that I look forward to playing with, and being a gamertag in theirs that makes them smile when I log on.

9. How would I handle league or site rule breaking: Contact player - in writing - to find out if it was accidental or deliberate - try to resolve amicably if it becomes egregious or repetitive then contact league commissioner where appropriate with as much documentation of my attempt to resolve dispute outside his office and leave it to his judgement as to where it goes and abide by his decision. I don't believe in hanging out dirty laundry in public. So if it still isn't resolved to my satisfaction make a decision to stay in or leave the league with as little drama as possible. i.e. quietly.

10. Which league am I interested in: still looking around - going to take my time and see how the players interact on the boards to get a feel for the right fit.

5. DC

DC Shake n Bake

MR_BLUE_THUMBS

once you get approved. we are starting a new member xbox league that i think you would make an excellent addition to. Let me know if you are interested.

6. MR_BLUE_THUMBS

MR_BLUE_THUMBS Walk On

Unfortunately I'm a PS3 head. Should have mentioned that in my post.

7. DC

DC Shake n Bake

ohhh yea gamertag= xbox ...psn= ps3 lol

GL on the ps3 side

• Like Like x 1
  8. MR_BLUE_THUMBS

MR_BLUE_THUMBS Walk On

<- Nubblet on the lingo...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    • Like Like x 1
  10. MR_BLUE_THUMBS

MR_BLUE_THUMBS Walk On

Outstanding. :D

11. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

• Like Like x 1
  12. MR_BLUE_THUMBS

MR_BLUE_THUMBS Walk On

onaradio34,

I just got here and rather than go off half cocked I've been getting the hang of how this whole thing works by doing several things.

1. Following both Saturday Heroes and PS3 TBD forums to see how an established league works and how a start-up comes together.

2. Watching (repeatedly :D ) you tube videos on how to run the recruitment for a team in NCAA - this is the second copy I've purchased, but the first time I've taken it seriously (since I happily now find myself in a room full of people who do :) ) so I'm getting the hang of that.

3. Running my own private 1 man online scrimmage dynasty using the slider settings from Saturday Heroes vs CPU teams in parallel to the PS3 TBD schedule advances so I can get used to the pace of things and work on my commentary skills.

Essentially I'm running a one man shadow league as a single player to get the hang of things before I put in to join a league so I can really hit the ground running as an asset not a liability.

What I would love is to be able to shoot you a question or two if need be while I'm getting up to speed before I take the plunge. That would be awesome. I'm a firm believer that, "Those that fail to prepare, are preparing to fail." Thus, IMHO it all has to do with not being a tedious player to play with. Been there and done that on both sides of the fence (as and organizer and as a participant in other games) and now know how not to repeat - if not vigorously avoid.

I ponied up day 1 for premiere as on content alone this is a site well worth supporting. So in this ham and egg breakfast I'm the pig. ;) (the chicken is involved but the pig is committed)

But yeah - I'm taking my time.

Thanks for the invite.

MR_BLUE_THUMBS

• Like Like x 1
  13. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Good idea to follow Saturday Heroes ;)

• Like Like x 2
  14. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Good deal, sir. Feel free to shoot me a question anytime. If you want a practice game, id be happy to run one with you.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MR_BLUE_THUMBS

MR_BLUE_THUMBS Walk On

Cheers. :D

16. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

KnightNoles we should get this guy, i seems like a good dude from the interactions in the cb. I would grab him.

• Like Like x 2
  17. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

• Like Like x 1
  18. MR_BLUE_THUMBS

MR_BLUE_THUMBS Walk On

19. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

lol cmon man!

I'll get you up to speed in a league! Now join! RAWRRRRRRRR

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bl0ndeRedHead