Approved New Member: MS8403

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jul 8, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Feb 28, 2011
    Welcome MS8403,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here:

TSO Staff
  2. MS8403

MS8403 Walk On

Jul 8, 2012
    Name: Matt
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): MS8403 (XBOX)
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: NA
    Time Zone: Eastern
    General Availability for User vs User games: Evenings on Weekdays (8PM to 11PM). Saturdays will be tough once College football season starts, but I may be able to get games in the mornings and evenings.
    Favorite Teams: Ohio State Buckeyes
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports: OperationSports Forums

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? Yes, I've played in a NCAA Football league. The league was called Gridiron Legends. We started up our own individual site with members from OperationSports.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? I would say I've been playing video games for about 16 years. I started playing competitively online about 4 years ago.

3. What type of player would you say you are? I would place myself into the sim category. To get more specific, when playing NCAA or Madden, I play with a conservative offense and a balanced defense. The games I play tend to be low scoring, so you can say I play a form of "TresselBall" online.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? I just turned 28 today, so it looks like I fall in with the majority of the community in terms of age. I feel like this is a good age group for a community because I would expect everyone to be gracious in victory and congratulate your opponent in a loss. You can also expect everyone to follow the rules put in place and have fun. There should be very little "drama" as well.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? Yes. Everything seems reasonable and there's nothing listed that I haven't experienced in another league.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. I'm a huge college football fan. I graduated from The Ohio State University in 2009 and I live and breath Ohio State football. I'm an avid gamer and I just recently made the switch from PS3 to XBox 360 for them majority of my gaming, so this will be the first season for NCAA Football on Xbox. If accepted, the majority of my involvement in the community will be in NCAA and Madden. I also enjoy other types of games as I'm currently playing Modern Warfare 3 and Skyrim.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community? I love video games and I feel online leagues and communities add to that experience. They add to the longevity of video games and keeps them interesting all year around until the next installment is released. I feel like I can come into the community and be an active member.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? I want to get an engaging experience where I can have fun and enjoy video games with other people. None of my friends are gamers, so I'm hoping to find a good group of people to game with online.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? I would likely finish the game out and send a private message to the person afterwards discussing why certain rules weren't followed. If it's something that can be talked through between the two of us, then that's where it would stay. If I felt otherwise, I would take it up with the commisioner. I feel it would be very rare that an issue would occur that two adults couldn't settle themselves.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup? I haven't looked through the leagues yet. If I get accepted, I'm interested in joining an NCAA Dynasty and possibly a Madden Franchise.
  3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Feb 9, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    Application Approved.

Welcome to TSO Matt.