Approved New Member: NiceToMeetJew

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jul 13, 2013.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome NiceToMeetJew,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. NiceToMeetJew

NiceToMeetJew Walk On

Name:Isaac Abravanel
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX):NiceToMeetJew Xbox 360
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: Isaac Abravanel
    Time Zone:Mountain
    General Availability for User vs User games:Xbox, Steam, Facebook(message me) email, isaacabravanel95@gmail.com
    Favorite Teams:
    My Notre Dame Fighting Irish :) Arizona State, Penn State, Boise State/ Basketball: New York Knicks/NFL: NY Jets
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports: NCAA 14

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    I did but it was on a British league and it was so hard to get games in and I couldnt stay up that late :( Great players though!

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    I have been playing video games since I was 4. I have been playing Madden since 96 and NCAA since 07 when Brady Quinn, Jeff Samardzja, Tommy Zbikowski, John Carlson and the rest were still in there :D First game I ever beat as a kid was Metal Gear Solid on PS and then FF7. I still own my PS, Sega Dreamcast (nobody owns that anymore...) N64 and Super Nintendo. I wouldnt say I am a hardcore gamer as I once was. My time is now used going to work, school, gym, family, and friends. I have been playing online for about 5 years now. 80% is football haha.

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    West coast best describes me. I like to play conservative, short passes and hit a home run if you goof up. I do use Air Raid passing concepts however, since the teams I play with dont really have great catching RBs. In Madden 13 I used Bill Walsh PB with the Jets because Sanchez cant throw deep and Joe McKnight can catch. I like a well balanced offense. I am happy the veer is finally in the game, I used to play in HS that ran the veer in the pistol. Defense I am somewhat aggressive on 1st down. I like to get my opponent in 2nd and 3rd and longs because I can play some Tampa 2. That was the defense I played in as a CB.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    My best friends are all 5 years or even more older than me. I have been growing up with a mature crowd, my brother is 29, sister is 22. I have to be mature. I feel completely fine with it. The job I work at, everyone is at least 35 and up. And I go to college with people much older than me.

I hope I make a good impression. I just dont want to play ranked matches anymore. I am sick of the cheesers. I play SIM style all the time and I love competition. I love to play a good game and I dont mind losing to an opponent who proved they can beat me with football knowledge and not cheesy glitchy tactics. Enjoy the rest of your evening!

3. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Answer all ten questions please.. Like what I have seen so far.. Should have no problem getting approved, but please answer all ten questions.

4. NiceToMeetJew

NiceToMeetJew Walk On

*Forgot to scroll down ;)

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    I have a concern with the pitching options, it seems to be a little gray. Most of the time it is out of a players hand and may even go unnoticed if a unrealistic pitch has been made. I know that when I run a triple option I am immediately trying to draw a safety/outside backer to my qb and then pressing LB and staring at my RB to bust one big. I hardly notice what goes on with my QB. I would say, it is not a big part of my offense and I run it 5x if that a game.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    As I said before, I am 17 (soon to be 18). I am Dual Enrolled at my community college and going to finish up my senior year at highschool. I plan to enroll at Arizona State or Cal Berkeley for a business program. My hobbies are football, fitness and hanging out with my friends and family. I have a job/shadowing over a business owner to get a letter of recommendation. I hope to be around a couple seasons each year. I know that towards the end of the 2014 will be a little hectic since I will be finishing up my Associates and graduating from highschool. I dont know how late in the year a dynasty will be going on for. And it is very hard for me to discern what my life will be after highschool and going into college. :/

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?
    I can talk about football all day. I may be young, but I have watched just about every game from 1970 til now. As we speak I am watching Stanford vs. USC 2011 game. Yesterday I watched Georgia vs Florida 2012. My football knowledge is vast and I enjoy every aspect of it. And I always love learning more about the game.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?
    Relaxing, stress free, fun gaming. I like to relax and play a game of good competition and not stress about being glitched quit. My football career is over, and as sad as it may sound, watching football and playing a video game may be my only outlet to get my favorite sport fix in.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    I'd discuss over mic/text about the rule he had just broken. I wouldnt flip the report switch unless he clearly does it again. If he does, I'd finish the game, save the highlight of his rule breaking and let the commissioner know.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?
    I have checked a few. So far I have seen a freshman league that seems to advance every 2 days, that seems to appeal to me most since it is for first timers in a real league and asks for a whole two days to get a game in.

5. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Approved. If you need anything else feel free to let me know.

6. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Holy shit you're well spoken(read) for being 17. Welcome to the site bud.