Approved New Member: nobolarrybird

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jun 13, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome nobolarrybird,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. nobolarrybird

nobolarrybird Walk On

Name: Christian
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): XBOXGT: nobolarrybird
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: N/A
    Time Zone: Central
    General Availability for User vs User games: Weekday Evenings after 6pm, Weekends noon - 5pm
    Favorite Teams: Nebraska, Michigan
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports: Referenced on another sports gaming website

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    Not for more than one season, too unreliable with the random Online Dynasties I've tried.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    I have been playing video games since childhood. Started with an old NES and games like Super Mario Bros 3, Basbeall Stars, and Blades of Steel. Graduated to Sega Dreamcast, and the next year to PS2, where i played my first NCAA game (the one with Carson Palmer on the cover) and have bought and played each NCAA game in the series since. I started playing online just in the last couple of years as the lag times have improved and it became tolerable to play (poor internet connections in rural Nebraska). The game I play online most is FIFA, and the occasional NCAA game.

3. What type of player would you say you are?

I am a very fair player, and enjoy playing games that are realistic (stats, play-calling, no cheesing), especially in a dynasty format where getting really good stats should be a tough achievement, not a given. I don't believe in running up the score, as it demeans the quality of the game.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    Though I am a good deal younger than the average player in this community, I feel I am more than capable of playing and competing with the same level of maturity and sportsmanship as the seasoned veterans here. If anything, I welcome a change of pace from the average kid my age who will cheese, gloat, quit, or be a sore loser.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    I have read the rules and I agree with all of them. I appreciate that mixing up the playcalling on both sides of the ball is a requirement, as it gets a little ridiculous playing someone who runs the same three plays over and over. My only question about this comes on defense, as schools like Nebraska generally run the same 4 down lineman and cover 2 scheme every down, with the occasional blitz. Would I be required to change this formula (zone, more blitzes, different # of down linemen) or would I be allowed to run my team's base defense most of the game?

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    I am going into my junior year at the University of Nebraska, so my love of college football and the Cornhuskers especially was more bred into me than acquired. I love the diversity of the college game and follow it's schools, coaches, and players religiously. As mentioned above I've owned every version of the game for ~9 years or so, and eagerly anticipate its release every July.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?
    Being young and new to this community, I hope firstly to accomodate myself with the general style of play and intricacies here. In time I hope to become a reliable member who is fair, friendly, and competitive.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?
    First and foremost I hope te be a part of a reliable leagu of players who won't quit, cheese, or talk trash. I want to be in a league with people whom I can get to know and communicate with regularly to ensure the leaque runs smoothly.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    First I would communicate with the opposing player and make it clear he broke a rule and ask him to stop. If he persists, I would save a highlight of said transgression and report it to the league commisioner to deal with accordingly.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?

I looked around at some of the leagues, and eventually would like to work my way up to one of the more prestigious leagues. In the meantime there is a new members league at the top of the league openings sub-forum that looks to be the right place for me, if accepted.

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    nobolarrybird

Application approved. Welcome to TSO.

What website did you hear about us?

4. nobolarrybird

nobolarrybird Walk On

I was over at Operation Sports trying to get details about community rosters for next year and noticed TSO dropped a couple times, googled it, and found the board.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Thanks!

6. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Interested in our FIFA leagues?

We run World League, MLS, and now the EURO

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

welcome man- go big red!