New Member: Oblong

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Mar 6, 2011.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome Oblong,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. Oblong

Oblong Walk On

Name: Oblong
    Time Zone: Central

Teams: Titans, ManUnited

Heard about ya'll in the EA TW forums.

Leagues: I'm a founding member of The Country Club, a privately run league for sim-golfers that has about 80 participating members.

How long playing: Got my first game system for Christmas 1977 - Colecovision Pong and have been hooked ever since. Started playing online with the XBox when that launched.

Type of Player: Social but also competitive. Always gravitate to the highest difficulty in golf which best represents the real sport.

Age Match: I'm older than your average age, but most of my current friends I golf with fall right in line with your demographic so I'd say I can get along fine with ya'll young pups. ;)

Rules/Guidelines: No problem following rules. My one question on the TW league would be that it mentions playing on Tour Pro but the new truly sim-based mode for TW12 will be Tournament Mode. I'd be more likely to play under that difficulty level if it offers a better sim experience.

About me: Live in TN, married 23 years to a lovely lady, 2 boys (1 a freshman in college, 1 a HS senior). Play all types of games but mostly TW golf. Hobbies right now are being a tennis fanatic. I'm also an EA SPORTS Game Changer and have been to quite a few TW Community Days at EA Tiburon.

Active: I'm pretty active as a moderator on the EA Forums as well as the leagues at The Country Club. My activity here would likely depend on my enjoyment here which is a bit hard to tell being new. From what I've seen thus far, it looks like a great website with a great bunch of like-minded people.

What I want: Just sharing enjoyment of the game with others as well as getting thoughts from others on how the game can be improved.

Situation rule breaking: If a member broke the rules in a tourney I would first make sure they were aware they were doing so. If they didn't care I would report it to whoever handles that type of thing.

League interest: TW PGA TOUR Golf.

Thanks!

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

welcome Oblong, i've approved your application and upgraded you to Premier status... thanks for coming over, we have not met yet.. i'm at the NCAA events so far, have not worked my way in to the Tiger rotation yet [​IMG]

4. Oblong

Oblong Walk On

Thanks for the welcome Jeff! Look forward to participating at your website and meeting new people. TW12 is going to be a monster this year for fans of video golf! [​IMG]

5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

@Oblong

oh great a pro at Tiger Woods... *throws arms up*

welcome to TSO or what I like to call it TF!