New Member: Olin Hiers

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by Shaun Mason, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Welcome Olin Hiers,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. Olin Hiers

Olin Hiers Walk On

Name: Olin Hiers
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX):
    XBOX (
    Inojoking )
    Email: olinhiers@gmail.com
    AIM:
    Time Zone: EST.
    General Availability:
    After 8:00 pm weekly / Most of the day on weekend
    Favorite Teams:
    Florida State / Jacksonville Jaguars/ partial to the Orlando Magic
    How did you hear about Tradition Football:
    Operation Sports forums

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

I have played in Madden Leagues before with friends on Live, but generally they have always dissolved. I heard about this forum and and decided to come here to find people who were sim oriented and really want to have great fun. My game of choice is now NCAA football as im a huge college football nut and a avid follower of the recruiting process.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?

I have been playing video games since the first NES and sports games since then also. I have been playing online since I purchased my 360 the first year that it came out.

3. What type of player would you say you are?

I would have to say im a casual player who enjoys sim play. Im not a super serious person and not the type to throw a controller or hit the restart or power switch because im losing. All in all i just enjoy sports games for what they are.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

This is refreshing to know that i fit in with age group here. Im 28 so i really to want to play with teenagers or anything so this seems like the place for me.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

I have read the rules and have no questions.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

I am from Jacksonville Florida and have lived in the area my entire life. I played football in highschool and after highschool joined the ARMY. In 2004 i was deployed to Iraq for a year and returned in 2005. Upon return i reentered the ARMY Reserves and began a career in the civilian sector in IT. I worked for an IT contractor for 4.5 years until that contract ended last year and I then took a new job with a different contracting company. I am a huge FSU fan and i constantly follow recruiting year round. I also enjoy college basketball and get pretty pumped up during March madness. As for NFL im a Jaguars fan but currently im alittle fed up with the way things are going with this franchise. Other than that i got married last year and have a 2 year old son. I used to be really into cars as i owned 400hp SRT4 but once the baby came i got rid of that and havent really got back into yet. Im also a semi healthy nut person as i workout atleast 3 times a week. When im not working, working out or playing with the kid im normally playing some type or sports games on xbox , FPS, or an RPG on my pc.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community?

Hopefully very active as i generally go to the same few sites everyday. I would like to add that im not a heavy poster and i generally will tend to comment only a few times per week. I do read forums alot but i tend to post only when i have something very worth wild to add to the thread.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF?

Hopefully a great group of people to play with now and at future releases of NCAA Football and maybe madden if i can get back into it.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

First i would probably watch to see if they break the rule again. If they did then i would ask if they were aware of the fact that they are breaking the rule. If they said no then i would ask that they not do it again. If they continued to break the rule i would probably pause and report them to the commissioner and then continue playing while constantly reminding them that a certain action is violating a policy of the league.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of?

I havent briefly looked at them but have not yet choosen anything. Hopefully i can find something shortly.

3. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

hey guy we have an opening in R3AL M3N OF G3NIUS in the ACC. FSU is available

4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

5. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

@Olin Hiers - any interest in a madden 11 league?

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    @Olin Hiers

Application approved. Welcome to the site.