Approved New Member: PIMitch23

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Sep 4, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome PIMitch23,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. PIMitch23

PIMitch23 Walk On

Name: Phillip Mitchell
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): PIMitch23 (Xbox) chocotaco489 (PS3)
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: philmitchell89 (Skype)
    Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time
    General Availability for User vs User games: Fairly available on weekday evenings and late night weekends
    Favorite Teams: Carolina Panthers, North Carolina Tar Heels, Charlotte Bobcats, Atlanta Braves, FC Barcelona, Manchester City FC
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports: AzureEffect/CommishAzure and other Youtube community guys have a league on this website, and I was interested in joining. This site seems to tailor towards fair, simulated football and having a fun time between mature players win or lose, and I'm on board with all of that... hence me creating an account.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    • I have never joined an online league before. I've been offered on occasion to join, but I haven't up till this point.
    2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    • I've played video games since I received a Super Nintendo at like 4 or 5. Since then I've owned a Playstation 1, 2, and 3, a Nintendo Gamecube, and 2 Xbox 360's (thank you red ring of death). I've played online since 2007... that was the first year (my freshman year in college) I had access to wireless internet.

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    • More than anything I like to have fun. I am naturally competitive, but if I win I win and if I lose I lose. I respect my opponent regardless, and try to be fair. For the longest time I loved to play(and still do) Franchise and Dynasty type modes on sports games, especially back in the PS2/Xbox era of gaming. Now that developers have moved more attention to perfecting those modes for online players, I'm looking to make the move towards playing in leagues/franchises with real people, but with those that play not to "cheese" and "exploit", but to play with strategy, realism, and fun. That's one reason why I don't play sports games, or even FPS games online as frequently as I would a game like "Borderlands"; because most online players I run into play for nothing more than to exploit and spam. I guess that makes them feel good about themselves but that's never been why I play. I'm also not an "Elite" player. I don't put as much time as others might into perfecting a strategy; I've got work and other things to do (taking classes for another example). However, I've played Madden, 2K,etc for years now, and that added to being a big sports fan just always gives me an itch to play, as well as do my best, and have a good time.
    4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    • I have no problems whatsoever. I'm a mature guy for 23; I don't have everything going for me, nor is my head perfectly on my shoulder, but I've always been around people older than me, and as long as they treat me with respect I certainly do the same. I play in a fantasy football league with grown men with nice jobs that I've never met... This year will be our 4 year together(Just a small example of me being in a group of older people and there being no issues)
    5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    • I have read the rules. I tried to read the Madden gameplay guidelines, but nothing showed up in the forum post that I was reading (it did have guidelines for FIFA, Tiger Woods, and some others). Being that I've never played in a league before, I would hope I'd have a little grace and mercy if I were to make a mistake or two, but I would do my very best to respect the rules, guidelines, and any extra policies a league commissioner (AzureEffect for example) would have.
    6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    • I'm a ongoing college student who is trying to figure out my passion(s) and a future career. At the moment I'm in my first real job at a movie theater. I didn't work growing up and didn't have the easiest or really even a normal upbringing, but I'm blessed and thankful for life and the opportunity to better myself everyday I see. As I've said before, I'm a big sports fan, and have been since a little kid. A dream job of mine would be working at ESPN or something of that nature. When I game, it's usually sports. I've owned every Madden in some way since 2004, every NBA 2K since 03', and I've recently gotten into FIFA, as well as MLB the Show (Purchased a PS3 a yr ago). I'm a Christian; I'm not perfect and would never claim to be, but I'm blessed in that, and I use my faith to love other people. Not to force something down their throat, or act like I'm better or that they do something that's unforgivable, but to do what I can for my fellow man.
    7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?
    • I was told by the league commish that for now, the league I'm trying to join would have to put me on a waiting list. Until then I guess I would be on the forums, seeing what everyone is talking about. Being that it's a huge online community, I totally understand if it takes a while to stand out or get recognized. Honestly that's not my goal here. I just want to be around people who have a similar style of play for Madden and other sports games as I do, because there was a while when I didn't know if groups like this still existed!
    8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?
    • The opportunity to meet and play games with other people who want to have fun, yet play a sound simulated game of choice. Any fame or fortune that were to come with it is welcome but by no means necessary. It's just nice to be around fellow sports fans and gamers, and it'd be awesome to make friends and connect to new people.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    • I would at first let that person know. I'm a giver of second chances because they have been given to me. However, I would let someone of a higher position in my league know of it. I don't have a way of taking a picture of an incident and tweeting/posting it (which is something that is discussed in the rules/guidelines), but I would definitely let someone know if it's a violation of that league/this sites' rules and guidelines.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?
    • I haven't checked out ALL of the leagues. However, I follow AzureEffect on twitter, and I know and am interested in his Madden 13 league IF and WHEN he begins a CCM (connected careers) that involves coaches. I believe he has one that involves just created players, but I'd prefer to control an entire team. I'm all for a free league, nothing with money on the line. If the league wanted to do fantasy drafts (this isn't possible in Madden 13 but another sports game for example) I am all for that. It'd also be nice if I was in a league where every team was supported by a user but I am ok with A.I. teams in a league as well.

3. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    PIMitch23

Welcome to TSO man!

Application Approved

4. PIMitch23

PIMitch23 Walk On

Thank you!

5. UcanHateMeNow

UcanHateMeNow 3rd Coast born that means we're Texas raised

Hey man do you prefer one system more than the other? I have an opening in an NCAA dynasty for PS3 and RedAL925 runs a FIFA league on PS3.

6. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Welcome Phillip! We have a few spot in our coaches CCM (PS3) the VFL. You can check it out here.

7. PIMitch23

PIMitch23 Walk On

I appreciate the invites from both of you, but for now I only have Madden AND FIFA on the 360