New Member: PSUEagle

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, May 26, 2011.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome PSUEagle,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. PSUEagle

PSUEagle Walk On

Name:Kevin​
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX):PSUEagle (XBOX 360)​
    Email:ktl5023@psu.edu, although this is subject to change within six months​
    AIM:N/A​
    Time Zone:Eastern​
    General Availability:Most week nights after about 8 ET, although I can make arrangements to play earlier than that if necessary. On weekends, I'm usually pretty flexible.​
    Note: these hours might change once I have firm grasp of what my work hours will be in the fall.​
    Favorite Teams: Penn State (Graduate), USC, Tulane​
    How did you hear about Tradition Football:
    From fuzzyl0gic and CharlestonUSC: both are on my friends list on the 360, and I've played both before (Charleston several times).​
    1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    Yes. Two dynasties on Utopia (ncaastratesgies.com): "The Tradition" and "The Death Penalty." Both were NCAA​
    2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    Since 2008. Online since 2009.​
    3. What type of player would you say you are?
    Sim. I'm going into coaching soon, so I have little tolerance for "East Lobby" style tactics (scrambling back twenty yards on a pass, putting a defender in QB Spy and manually blitzing off the edge, etc.). I like playing guys who mix it up and play the game like a chess match. It's more fun and far more realistic for me.​
    I run a Pro Style Offense (West Coast meets Mike Martz) essentially that mostly stays under center. I use a ton of different formations and personnel packages to try and generate mismatches (don't worry: I don't quick motion and snap). I usually throw the ball around 60% of the time, although that depends on what defense I'm playing against.​
    Defensively, I've used the Multiple book in NCAA 11. Ideally, I'll use a 3-4 (since that's the defense I'm most familiar with in real life), but I felt like I had a better chance to win this year by employing multiple looks while mixing up three and four man lines.​

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    I don't see an issue. I'm a little bit younger, but I'm a college grad (Penn State) who is just entering the workforce.​
    5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    Yes. And no concerns at the moment.​
    6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community?
    I'll likely do various write ups (recruiting summaries/game summaries, etc.) for whatever league I'm in. As an example of some of my stuff, here's a season thread I did for "The Tradition" OD on Utopia: ncaastrategies.com/utopia/topic/75517-2020-usc-trojans-news/​
    8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF?
    I'm hoping to find a league where Sim style game play is the expectation, not the exception. I'm going to remain in one Utopia league, but I'd like to branch out and find one more against a group of people I haven't really played before, and this place seems like as good as any.​
    9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    Pause the game. Ask him to connect to a headset (if he has one) and explain what I saw. If it was a one time thing and he doesn't do it again, then I'll let it go (assuming it's not something that 100% effected the outcome of the game at the time). If it happens again, though, I'll PM our commissioner and see what can be done.​
    10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of?"The Rise" seems interesting (since I know a couple guys in it). I'm interested in joining a league for NCAA 12 that allows custom playbooks, preferably a "Premier League" at some point. The main thing I'm looking for is a league that allows custom offensive playbooks. I'm fine with some restrictions (i.e. no PB with FleXbox One combined with Gator Heavy and 5 Wide) but I want the ability to build my offense so that it looks like what I'll be doing when I'm an OC one day.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  3. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Welcome to TSO Kevin. Application approved.

4. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Welcome aboard bro! You're knowledge of the game is going to be a great asset here for everyone.

5. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

We Are! Penn State!

Currently an EBF Major at PSU, glad to see alum on board TSO!

6. PSUEagle

PSUEagle Walk On

What's good bro!

Got any classes with Chud coming down the pike? Best teacher in the Economics department, IMO.

7. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

No but I will remember that name for scheduling! I'm assuming that's not the full name?

8. PSUEagle

PSUEagle Walk On

Nope. Russell Chuderewicz is his full name.

Be warned: he's challenging. However, you'll learn a ton and he makes his classes extremely dynamic and fun.

9. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I'll remember that. I need to take a couple of Econ classes. I took 302 with McLoud....he's not bad. I don't know if you took any business courses or not, but Dr. V is one of the best professors I've ever had.

10. PSUEagle

PSUEagle Walk On

McCloud wasn't bad, but his class was so boring when I took it. I didn't attend it most of the time and did well anyway.

I didn't take any business classes, but I have several friends who had him and they all said he was one of their favorite professors.

If you want any advice on what 400's to take down the road, let me know.

11. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Yeah...my attendance in McCloud's classes lacked consistency. I will thanks