Approved New Member: Psymin1

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Apr 9, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome Psymin1,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. Psymin1

Psymin1 Walk On

Name:

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    Yes. I've played in Online Dynasties (NCAA Football), Online Franchises (Madden, NHL 2K, and EA's NHL series) and tournaments (NHL 2K, and EA's NHL series). Played mostly through finding people at 2khockey.net, and with friends from home, as well as finding random people on GameFAQs forums from time to time.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    I've been playing video games since my uncle showed me Tecmo Super Bowl on the NES. I was quite young, maybe 6-8, and have been playing ever since. I started palying games online with the release of the original SOCOM: US Navy Seals on Playstation 2. Started playing sports games online with the release of NHL 2K7, I believe.

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    I try my best to play as realistically as I can, and maintain the mantra that I play for fun. Honestly, I'm pretty lackluster at online gaming, but I enjoy playing in online leagues because of the friendships that can form. Win or lose, I just want to have some fun.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    I'm about two years removed from this demographic (I'll be 26 in July), and I feel like we share similar values when it comes to gaming, which is why we're all here: we dislike playing random opponents because 90% will manipulate every shortcoming imaginable in any game. I play sports games because I enjoy playing sports, not exploiting less-than-stellar AI. From what I've seen of TS, that is the dominating mindset, and why I'm interested in joining.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    Yes, and I've watched the YT video. No questions or concerns. It gives everyone a similar sim mentality, which is great. I would love to see some general NHL rules at some point.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    I am a proud Detroiter who will be returning home in less than two months. I am currently living in West Virginia where I am a few weeks away from attaining my Master of Fine Arts in Acting. I already have a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in the craft, and that is the career path I am pursuing. I have taught at West Virginia University for the past three years, and will look to continue in the education field when I move back home, as well as pursuing a professional acting career. I write for Inside Pulse Movies where I am a film critic and a podcast host. I have passions for acting, film, writing, and sports.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?
    I actually recognize some of the usernames on the board from other forums, and if they fit in, I'm sure I will as well. A love for sports can bring any two people together (or push them apart, ;)).

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?
    I hope to meet a good group of people that enjoy playing sports games as much as I do.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    I would play out the game, and then save some videos of the moments in question. After that, I would contact my league GM, present my case, including the videos, and let him deal with the situation as he sees fit. That's why he gets paid the big bucks, right? :p

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league?
    I have checked out quite a few! One that I am eyeing most closely is Fiddy14's NFL Blitz league. I am also interested in trying to get involved with a FIFA 12 (PS3) league, but I haven't played the game too much since I've bought it, and am generally terrible at soccer games, so I'm not sure that would be the best fit. Once I get back home at the end of May, I would love to join up in any of the Online Dynasties of NCAA Football 12 (360). I'm also highly interested in an NHL 12 (360) league, or NHL 11 (PS3) if they're still around at all. I know some folks - Fiddy14 in particular - still game with NHL 2K10, so that might be a great league to get started up as well.

3. Psymin1

Psymin1 Walk On

Now I look like an idiot. I'm not sure what I did, but the top part got cut off when I posted. I apologize about that. Here is the first part of the application.

Name:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Psymin1

Psymin1 Walk On

Name: Branden
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): Psymin3 (Xbox 360), Psymin1 (PS3)
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: Psymin1 (AIM, YIM, Skype)
    Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time
    General Availability for User vs User games: Thursday and Friday evenings after 5pm; Saturday and Sundays at most times
    Favorite Teams: Detroit Red Wings, Detroit Tigers, Detroit Lions, Dallas Cowboys, Michigan Wolverines, West Virginia Mountaineers

I'm not sure what's going on, but the top part of the app isn't showing up. Hopefully it will work this time. I apologize that I'm spamming my own thread, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

[​IMG]

lmao.. application approved.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Psymin1

Psymin1 Walk On

Hahaha! Thank you. :p