New Member: QuietFool

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by QuietFool, Jul 15, 2010.

1. QuietFool

QuietFool Walk On

New Member: QuietFool

Name: Rich Helm
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): QuietFool (XBOX)
    Email: rehelm3@gmail.com
    AIM: rxQuietFool
    Time Zone: EST
    General Availability: Frequent
    Favorite Teams: San Francisco 49ers, Ohio State Buckeyes, Minnesota Twins
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Operation Sports Forums

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? - I participated in a private Madden online franchise last year.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? - Been playing consistently for the last 15 years or so, and have played online for the last 5 years.

3. What type of player would you say you are? - I play very fair and with a high degree of sportsmanship in both communication with my opponent (if applicable) and play-style.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? - I feel that I am very mature for my age, even if my interests are somewhat childish (according to my wife).

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? - None at this time.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. - I am a very even-keeled and easygoing person, though I work in a high-stress profession. I'm an avid sports fan, and use videogames primarily as a form of entertainment and way to relax, though I play them very frequently. I am very interested in joining an online community of mature gamers, and have found that sports games (my real gaming passion) have a larger group of mature gamers than other types of games.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community? - Moderately active, particularly in commenting and helping members. My participation will grow as I interact with TF members more and more over time.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF? - Increased, and yet more sophisticated, discussions about sports and gaming, as well as higher quality of gaming sessions with TF members.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? - Mention the rules with him or her to get a feel for whether they are intentionally breaking the rules and if so, request that they abide by league/site rules. If they refuse, amicably end the gaming session and report the breach to a site administrator (after advising the other gamer so he has a chance to respond).

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of? - I have examined different leagues, but at this point would be happy to join any NCAA 2011 (XBOX) dynasty that is a start-up if a position in an established dynasty is not available. I would prefer a league that moves at a moderate pace (advancing 2x a week or so) to accommodate a significant work schedule. Thanks for consideration!

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Welcome to TF Rich.

Application approved.

The site rules mandate that every league operate on a 72 hour soft advance schedule. Meaning that most advances take 2-3 days, but no more than 3 days. I would talk with your commissioner about the pace of the dynasty you are wanting to join just to make sure you are on the same page. There is nothing worse than 11 guys waiting on one person week in and week out, as you could imagine.