New Member: RadarRider

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Mar 23, 2011.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome RadarRider,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Name: Ken Mooney
    PSN: RadarRider
    AIM: Moonme10 (rarely use, willing to use if needed)
    Time Zone: US Cntrl
    General Availability: M-F after 7, Sat-Sun all day
    Fav Teams: Mets, Giants (NY), Lakers, ND Irish, Blackhawks
    How did I hear about Tradition Sports: My older brother

1. Yes, I have played and I am currently playing in a Madden 3v3 league, I have also been apart of an NCAA OD. My Madden 3v3 league is through LeagueArena and my NCAA OD was an independant setup.

2. I have been playing video games since I can remember; to be specific: since 1993. I played some counter strike when I was a kid; My dedication to online play really kicked in when the Xbox and PS2 became OL capable.

3. Player Type: Like most, if not all of you, I want to win; with that said, I hate cheater/glitchers/abusers, the increase in these types of players has really pushed my interest in league play. I like to play with people who know and understand the game they are playing and as a result play the video game well. I want to beat the player and I do not expose the game.

4. Age: I am 23, 5 years younger than the league average. It does not bother me, I perfer it actually. With an older group of players there is a lower percentage of dealing with trash talkers, immature actions and AI abuse. I want to play with people who are competitive and mature, two things that can be obtained when playing with older players.

5. My questions have to do with base stealing and pitching, it seems that these are two concerns that are still being ironed out.

6. I have been looking for a dedicated league server for a while, I am really picky about where I go to join leagues because of glitchers, quiters, and unorganized league administrator(s). This seems to be a very dedicated community and one that frowns upon the cheating gamer community. My biggest concern will always be scheduling, I want to play with people who want to get a league rolling as quick as possible while understanding that people have lives outside of their video game league. Based on the age range, organization of the website and the rules This is definitely a league site I want to be apart of for the long-hall,

7. I am pretty good at checking the forums that I am apart of, epseically since I'd be operating my own team. I post when I have something to say: responce, stats, lineups adjustments etc. Expect me to be on the forum at least 3-4 times a week.

8. What do I want to get out of TF: Obviously I want to be apart of a dedicated league server; more importantly I want to play with players who have the same passion for the games that they play, but know how to play fairly and do not count on AI exposure. This way I have players to contact when I want to play a game that is outside of the league schedule. To simplify I wan to be apart of a dedicated gaming community.

9. While playing the game I would see if a league administrator is on yahoo messenger and state the present case and actions of my opponent. If not I will find other means to contact a league administrator: forum, email, etc. We have to keep in mind that we are playing a game...If your opponent is cheating and you lose, it is not the end of the world. If reported correctly the opponent will face some form of punishment: warning, suspection, etc. The last thing that needs to happen is having me get angry and sending messages to other player, the other player getting angry, and then having two players punished for anothers wrongful actions.

10. I have not looked into the other leaues...YET, I am interested in future game leagues, Madden 12 and NCAA 12 for now I would like to try the MLB 11 The Show and see how that goes.

3. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Sorry I was going over the rules again and I noticed rule 11: No relief pitcher may start a game at anytime during regular season or playoffs...In the playoffs I can understand not using a RP for a game...its the playoffs. In the regular season we see teams, in real baseball, all the time, use LRP to start a games.

I am not trying to make an agruement for the LRP use, I would like to know the reasoning behind this rule if possible...

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Who is your older brother?

Application Approved. Welcome to TSO Ken. @Scikotic and @PepperNY will be able to better answer your questions regarding the ruling behind the use of relievers. I assume if you designate a spot starter you will be ok but I would check with them to make sure!

5. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

We have to eliminate any grey area for league play so that is why that rule is in effect. I am not saying your not correct but we felt that rule was in the best interest in the league.

If your interested in joining up fill out an application in the TBL section of the forums under information center. Welcome to TSO

6. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Thanks for anwser so quickly, sorry for posting this question in my general application...I am just getting used to the navigation to the site and filled out the gen. app at work haha.

7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    You'll get the hang of things...welcome to the site.

8. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

moon

9. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Any interest in joining a PS3 NCAA OD here?

We've got the Irish open in The Pride, and would love to have the Irish filled in the league with someone like yourself.

Let me know.

@RadarRider

10. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

I love the Irish and it is very a tempting offer; however: I work a full M-F job, I am in a Madden 3v3 league, the MLB 11 The show league and I play most of my games on Xbox... I do appreciate the offer!

Thank you

@BigSmooth33

11. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Ken, be sure to checkout the TMFL if you're interested in an xbox Madden league. I know you said you're not really interested in anything at this time but we will be rolling for Madden 12 as well so check us out.

12. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

I am interested in a Madden League, the biggest factor: What is EA going to do to vamp up Madden 12 online franchise? After playing an NCAA OD the Madden OF is so lame because of its lack of features.

13. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I don't disagree with you - what EA does with Online Franchise is going to drastically change how I run the TMFL. I just wanted to give you a heads up about a possible destination for you once Madden 12 drops. We'll keep running our league throughout Madden 11 regardless, in case you get the itch to play (y)

14. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Thanks. I have been cruising the site, when I can, and looking at leagues and the posting in those leagues.