New Member: rand0mZer0

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jul 1, 2011.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome rand0mZer0,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. rand0mZer0

rand0mZer0 Walk On

Name: AJ

Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): rand0mZer0 (Xbox 360)

AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: rand0mzer0her012

Time Zone: PST

General Availability for User vs User games: Night Time. Around 10PM or 11PM.

Favorite Teams: Oregon Ducks, Boston Red Sox, Dallas Mavericks, Green Bay Packers

How did you hear about Tradition Football: A thread on Operation Sports discussing different online communities.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

I have never played in an online league before.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?

I have been playing video games for about 15 years or so, probably around the age of three. I've been playing online for about 2 or so.

3. What type of player would you say you are?

I would say that I'm competitve, but never puts anyone down or 'trash talks' to the point where it kills the fun in the game.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

I don't have a problem with it. As long as the community is great, that's all that matters to me.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

I have read the rules, and I don't have any concerns with any of them.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

Well. I'm a relatively quiet person, but if I'm around a group of people that I know and feel comfortable with, I can be a cool dude. I've been playing NCAA Football since 2002 and have stuck with the franchise ever since. Madden, on the other hand, has been with me a heck of alot longer, since the N64 days, and I've been a loyal player since. I don't play alot of other sports games, but I did enjoy this past iteration of NBA 2K11 so I'll probably start playing those games on a more consistent basis. I also enjoy Professional Wrestling, I've been watching it around the same time I started playing video games.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?

My first impression is that this is the community I've been looking for. The few times I've ventured into finding a league has been very negative, mostly to do with the individuals in the league not exactly building a friendly environment for newcomers to come in. I think I can see myself fitting in here because everyone here seems to be passionate about the games that I'm passionate about, I don't have any friends that play these games other than myself and my brother so finding a community like this is very cool.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?
    To meet different people and gamers that enjoy the games I enjoy, and to also build strong friendships along the way.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    First, I don't get overly angry and start an argument, because that doesn't solve the problem and only makes things worse. I report the user to the commissioner and go from there.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?
    I have checked out the different leagues. Some of the ones that caught my eye were:

- Coast2Coast
    - Any Given Saturday
    - The Pride

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

4. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Couple things that catch my attention here.

First, could elaborate on #3? What gameplay style do you employ and how would you envision a user game in an OD playing out with a member of the site?

Also, I think you would have a very difficult time scheduling games if you are only available after 10-11 pm PST...

5. rand0mZer0

rand0mZer0 Walk On

#3:
    I employ more of an aerial offense. That seems to be my strongest point, but I won't completely abandon the running game but it's sets up my passing. Hmm. I think it would be very a very contested user game. Even though I'm very focused on my passing game, sometimes I'll go with whatever is working for me in that game. Either way I can put it, it'll be a fun game through and through.

Regarding the scheduling: If I'm needed earlier, that shouldn't pose a problem. The 10-11pm PST was more of an estimate, but if I have to move my schedule around, that shouldn't be a problem.

6. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I would say many guys on the site are EST or CST gamers, so that would be very late for some. We do have a contingent of late night or PST guys though that you could look into getting with for some NCAA gaming.

7. rand0mZer0

rand0mZer0 Walk On

I will certainty do that. Thanks Jmustang1968 for the help. It's greatly appreciated.