Approved New Member: raveneff

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jul 20, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Feb 28, 2011
    Welcome raveneff,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here:

TSO Staff
  2. raveneff

raveneff Walk On

Jul 20, 2012
    Na me: Patrick
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): XBOX: EGC RAVEN EC
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: Aim- lRlavelNl (l=L) Twitter- RaveNeff0_o (I am always on Twitter)
    Time Zone: Central
    General Availability for User vs User games: Times vary, I only work part time but they are varied shifts. Typically I am available after 4 pm, some days not until around 10 pm central.
    Favorite Teams: Ravens, Cowboys, Bears, Redskins. For baseball Orioles, NBA- Celtics
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports: Searching for a league I came across a forum that was ranking some of the top leagues in the game. I saw The Sim Standard listed and everyone was giving it scores of 9-10. Not one bad comment about TSS or TSO. Majority of the sites and leagues mentioned were all exploitest leagues so I thought I'd try TSO out.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    I haven't played in any official leagues, just some that myself and some online friends made.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    To be honest, I can't say. The oldest game I remember playing was The Legend of Kage on the NES. Since about 1993 I would say, so about 19 years. Basically since I could hold the controller on my own. I have been playing online since about 2003 when I started on the PC playing Counter Strike. I first got XBOX live around 2008 and was off and on until around 2009 where I started playing Madden competitively.

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    I am a hardcore/competitive player. Though I am very competitive I am gracious in both victory and defeat. I played sports most of my life so I take that sportsmanship and transfer it into gaming. Why act like a jerk when winning or losing? It adds nothing to the game, and doesn't earn any respect.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    To be honest, I have always been told I was very mature for my age. I have almost always gotten along with people older than me. My family was very old school and did not tolerate any kind of nonsense. Not saying I couldn't act my age, but to be respectful and to act like a civilized human being. Due to the way I was raised people my age always seemed immature and annoying.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    I have read all of the rules, only question I have, which I may have overlooked, is about user catching, defending, and hot routes such as slant outs. Also, defensive player positioning. By that I mean how are you allowed to move defenders, such as LBs to hit a hole if you expect a run. I'm not referring to a NANO, just singular player placement. I plan on repeatedly reading the rules until I can memorize it all line by line.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    I am a co founder of a gaming community that is majorly into the CoD franchise. I am a HUGE football fan, I can watch any level play all day, every day. I just love the sport and what it stands for. I am going to start school soon and study Sports Management and Coaching, and plan to coach at the college level one day, and dream to coach in the NFL. I am a bit of an artist, I do a lot of portrait drawings of athletes and actresses. I am originally from Maryland and just moved to Illinois a year ago.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?
    I am generally an easy going person. It takes a lot to get under my skin so you don't have to worry about me starting fights with any members. I fully support any group I am a part of, tweeting out about the group, posting on facebook and reviewing said groups on message boards/forums. I get along with everyone, can have strong, opinionated discussions without getting vulgar and rude.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?
    I get the enjoyment out of joining what seems to be a great community, have fun playing Madden, talking sports, and maybe making new online friends. Not to mention playing people who are better than me. I love a challenge and it only makes me better.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    I would point out the rule that has been broken and bring it to attention of my opponent and make him aware that I will not just sit by and let him/her continue to blatantly break the rules. I understand mistakes happen so the first time isn't a big to me. But after that I would have to bring it to the attention of a staff member if it continues. If someone does not respond respectfully to me after I treat them with the same manner, then I will not deal with it and follow the proper steps to have it dealt with.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?
    I have looked at the leagues, and to be honest they all seem to fit what I am looking for. Mainly TSS and TLY. I prefer the game to be held to as realistic of a standard as possible. I like about 6-8 min quarters, this allows ample time for both players to get possessions. That's really about all, hope that's what was being referred to as league set-up.
  3. raveneff

raveneff Walk On

Jul 20, 2012
    I re read the rules and no longer have any questions at this time.
  4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Feb 10, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    Welcome to TSO, raveneff

Application approved.