New Member: RDTII

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by rdtii, Jul 15, 2010.

1. rdtii

rdtii Walk On

Jul 15, 2010
    New Member: RDTII

Name: Roger
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX):RDTII (XBOX 360)
    Time Zone: Eastern
    General Availability: Mostly late at night 9pm - 4am Eastern
    Favorite Teams: Ohio State, University of Toledo, Arizona State University
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Operation Sports forums

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    I've played in quite a few leaques on NCAA and Madden. Mostly with friends, and not quite as organized as Tradition Football.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    I've been playing video games since my first Atari. I've been online for about 5 years.

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    I like to play games as realistically as possible (especially sports games). When I play football, I try to mimic the team I'm playing with as closely as my knowledge of the team will allow (scheme, tendencies, tempo). I enjoy football video games because I love football, not because I love video games.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    Many of my friends are in that age group and I dislike spending time with immature kids.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    I have read the rules. The main things that my friends and I do differently: No user catch/user pick since it tends to create unrealistic animations and advantages, only control the DT/NT so as to not get an unrealistic coverage/blitz advantage, and no throwing downfield on screen passes since in real life it's a penalty (not sure why they don't have that in the game).

I'll probably continue playing the way I normally do even if it puts me at a competitive disadvantage.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    I'm a self employed tech consultant. My college career was spent studying music. I'm happily married and I enjoy playing sports games with people of similar interests.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community?
    Very active. I'm on nearly every day.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF?
    Good games and new friends!

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    Pause the game and talk to the player about it, if the player is not willing to come to an agreement amicably I would contact the commissioner for directions.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of?
    I haven't check out all the leagues, but I would be interested in any late night leaques (potentially others as well).
  2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Oct 8, 2009
    Application Approved. Welcome to TF Roger.

Many leagues have rules about user catching. throwing the ball downfield on a screen is definitely unsim, especially since it should be a penalty. As for usering the DT, many members of the site like to user other positions in order to get a better read in a certain situation or an a specific play. For example, if my opponent is pounding me with the WR post I may feel obligated to control the SS or FS in order to get a jump on the route. There isn't an unrealistic coverage advantage in this situation as we all know how brutal the AI is a play recognition on repeat plays.
  3. rdtii

rdtii Walk On

Jul 15, 2010

Fair enough. Thanks for the welcome, hopefully I'll be able to get in some games with you guys soon!