Approved New Member: RedZoneD25

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Feb 29, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome RedZoneD25,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Welcome Dave. About time you got over here!

3. RedZoneD25

RedZoneD25 TSO Social Media Coordinator

Name: Dave Searles

Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): RedZoneD25 (X360, primary system) RedZoneD25 (PSN, mainly used on PSVita though I have a PS3 too)

AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: Skype (RedZoneD25)

Time Zone: EST

General Availability for User vs User games: Generally Mon-Sun 12pm-12am

Favorite Teams: Philadelphia Eagles/Phillies/Flyers/Sixers, Rutgers Scarlet Knights

How did you hear about Tradition Sports: I first heard about TSO when I was an Assistant News Editor at Operation Sports, but since then I have met multiple staff members and discussed what the site is all about.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? Yes, many over the past three years.

What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)?

NCAA Football Online Dynasty, Madden NFL Online Franchise

Where?

Operation Sports-based leagues, XML (Xtreme Madden League), and a few attempts Commish-ing my own leagues.

2. How long have you been playing video games? Nineteen years, although I didn't get serious until about twelve years ago.

How long have you been playing online? I'm primarily offline, though my first online experience came in Madden NFL 06 PS2.

3. What type of player would you say you are?

Sim in the sense that I like to replicate what I could theoretically see in a real game, though not so strict that I cry foul at the first "video gamey" instance.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

I don't believe my lack of life experience in the literal sense will be an issue, as I have been involved with the sports gaming community for a fair amount of time and I have a solid hold on what is and isn't okay behaviorally speaking.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

I share many of these same views, and I think I will fit in quite well.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. I'm a part of the EA SPORTS Game Changers program as well as the Lead Xbox 360 Editor for StickSkills.com.

In 2008 I joined Operation Sports and began my journey in the sports gaming community. It led me down a path of writing but also allowing me the opportunity to become a member of the EA SPORTS Game Changers program. When not playing sports games, you can find me on any major fighting game (Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Soulcalibur, etc...) or playing any Legend of Zelda game within arms reach. Outside of video games, I'm a self-taught guitarist and drummer with over a decade of experience in the former. Influences include Eddie Van Halen (self-explanatory), Slash (Guns N' Roses), Steve Vai (solo artist), Jerry Cantrell (Alice in Chains), and many others.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?

I specialize in forum activity, as I got my start in the community as an active member on multiple forums. Plan to have a member who promotes good conversation and camaraderie while ultimately keeping a competitive environment in any leagues.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?

A fun, challenging experience. Really, I just want a place where the people are good, the intent is good, the results are...you get the point.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

Emphasizing the clearly part, I'd notify the Commissioner and explain what happened to try to keep the league as close to what is intended.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?

I honestly don't mind any league I can be a part of, though I've been eyeing the TMFL as the amount of interaction in that league is the more active of the two Xbox 360 Online Franchises. I wouldn't be opposed to locking onto an NCAA Online Dynasty either.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    RedZoneD25

Glad you made it over, Dave. Application approve. Like all the Game Changers who have signed up, I've upgraded your account to a premier membership.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

hey everybody.. David Searles is going to be our new Social Media Coordinator... what a huge addition to the staff team...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    RedZoneD25

How you feelin'? That burger was huge.

7. RedZoneD25

Maaan. Shockingly, I've actually been fine! I'll likely need a doctor to confirm this at some point though..lol

I'm honored to be the new Social Media Coordinator for TSO and I will represent the site the only way I know how - full tilt, nonstop passion. Thank you to the TSO staff for the opportunity to be a part of a great community!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

MY MAN! 8 LBS OF MEAT!

9. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Another Philly dude? Where you from??

10. RedZoneD25

Technically south NJ, but I grew up about 15 minutes from Philly so it made sense to adopt all of their teams. As far as being a Rutgers fan, that's because my father is an alum.

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  11. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Good stuff. I'm from Conshohocken, PA. One of the first exits off 76 coming out of the city. Glad to have you.

12. RedZoneD25

We still talking about the burger?