Approved New Member: RightWingPigeons

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Aug 11, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome RightWingPigeons,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. RightWingPigeons

RightWingPigeons Walk On

Name: Zach
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): PSN: RightWingPigeons
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: AIM (and email): zeckels@hotmail.com
    Time Zone: Central
    General Availability for User vs User games: Mornings and weekends.
    Favorite Teams: Denver Broncos
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports: Operation Sports through Shaun Mason

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? This would be my first online league. I've always been turned off by online play due to quiters, cheesers and bad sports.

2. How long have you been playing video games? Ever since I can remember. How long have you been playing online? 2009.

3. What type of player would you say you are? Casual. Probably a little below average skill-wise.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? The reason I looked to this site was for this age range. Just looking for some good sportsmanship and enjoyable games no matter what the score is.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? I work weekday nights, so I'm concerned about finding a league that typically plays in the mornings. My wife is also due around September, so I'm guessing I might miss a game or two during that time. And I'll be watching my son in the mornings when I'm playing, so there might be a pause or two for crying.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. Lifelong Broncos fan. Work as a copy editor/page designer for the local newspaper.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community? I see myself fitting in great. Losing will never be an issue for me (If I was looking to win the Super Bowl every year, I'd do an offline franchise). And I'm more concerned with getting along with the guys in my league more than gloating if I win.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? Good online friendships. Also a chance to learn from playing some who are better than me and following the action even if I'm out of the playoffs.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? It depends on how severe the infraction was. If it's just someone being unsportsmanlike, I'd probably just ignore it. If they're cheesing it up with nanos and other flaws of the game, I'd let them know that I'm going start recording if they keep it up and follow through by submitting any video after that point to the league manager. If someone quits during the game, I'd see if they had an excuse and just alert the league manager that it had happened.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup? I've looked them up, but I'm guessing it's still a little early for Madden 13 leagues. If possible I'd really like to join a league with players who prefer to play in the mornings and maybe even fellow fathers who would understand if a baby starts crying during the game. I'm also not sure how the premier membership works or where I sign up for it, but I have no problem paying the $12 membership.

3. RightWingPigeons

RightWingPigeons Walk On

So just wondering what the hold up is on my application? Are there any problems I can address?

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

application approved welcome.

5. RightWingPigeons

RightWingPigeons Walk On

Great to hear! Thanks a lot. I'm still pretty new to this, but I'm guessing I'll need to get a premier membership to find the right league (hopefully one with morning players). Any advice on how I should proceed from here?

6. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Premier membership will allow you access to participate in any of the TSO league offerings if you are granted the opportunity. I would recommend you visit the League Openings forum to find any immediate openings; and peruse some of the individual league forums to see which leagues interest you the most. Welcome to TSO!