New Member: rkelly089

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by rkelly089, Jun 23, 2010.

1. rkelly089

rkelly089 Walk On

New Member: rkelly089

Name: Roy Kelly
    PSN: rkelly089
    Email: rkelly089@yahoo.com
    AIM: bigroy80
    Time Zone: Eastern
    General Availability: M-F I am typically available from 5-10:30 at any point to play, weekends usually whenever, prior scheduling I can be available at any time.
    Favorite Teams: 49er Faithful
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Random search, came across on Google and seemed like this could be a great place for sim players.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? Madden: League is EMC.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? Video games as far back as I can remember, started on the Nintendo. I have been playing games online since 2002.

3. What type of player would you say you are? Sim, if I find something cheesy, you will NEVER see me do it. IE: Though they are in Madden and do get used in real life, Madden has major AI issues with the crazy nickel formations; 1-5-5, odd split, etc and I refuse to use those simply because they don't work as intended. I want people to feel good about a game with me whether they win or lose.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? I tend to side with older owners on a majority of things, the success of a league depends on solid owners and win at all cost guys tend to cause trouble. Those type of people generally fall into the younger age bracket, which fortunately I avoid that feeling and will take a straight game and lose any day of the week over winning by any means.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? The only concerns I have are the player movement and the 4th down rules. I understand wanting to give owners freedom, but in our world, where AI rules the game and we aren't playing with real money, many will do things that would not be done in real life, aside from that coach in the Northeast. Falls into the same line as player movement, I understand things being interchangeable in real life or trying guys at different positions, but the success rate in madden is much higher than real life, which again leads to people moving players all over. This is what I have experienced in other leagues and I have not seen what the owners here do. Each league is different though and that's the important part because it gives a variety of owners the options they want.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. I was a Navy brat and lived in Alaska when I was around 5-6, the age when football started interesting me. Living there you tend to see much more West Coast teams play and at that time period was when the 49ers where at the top of the league. Jerry Rice was incredible to me and that was when I began my love affair with Rice and the Niners. To this day Rice is still and will always be my favorite player and I have stuck through these last 7 years of Ken Dorsey's and Tim Rattay's to finally have a team who has a chance to put it all together and return to the playoffs. Otherwise I currently live in Virginia, continue to work and go to school, ride motorcycles, hike the surrounding mountains and me and a buddy run a Madden league also. So when it comes to Madden and running this place, I know what it takes. I hope to possibly provide ideas to the leagues here and maybe get some back from how you guys run things.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community? As active as I am allowed to be. If guys want an owner to play and schedule accordingly, do any tasks asked and provide insight, I am your guy

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF? Be in leagues with guys I have not seen before. It is always fun to play in new groups of players and exciting to try and build a team from the ground up.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? Finish the game out, make note of the rule and get video if possible and contact a commish. Depending on the owner, and whether it only happened once in the game, I would possibly talk to them about it and see if they were aware to see if it was blatant or an accident, I understand accidents happen. If it seemed intentional or happened multiple times, then I would contact the commish directly.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of? OMFL seems to be a tight knit group of guys. I was checking the forums out and saw a lot of activity and friendly ribbing. Seems like a good group of guys and would like to get involved if possible.

Go Niners!

2. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Thanks for the great app Roy! Welcome to TF.. Application Approved

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]

It never gets old, lol, Welcome to TF

4. rkelly089

rkelly089 Walk On

Thanks guys, I can never turn down a good R. Kelly joke lol.

5. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

welcome aboard