Approved New Member: Rob55

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Oct 30, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Feb 28, 2011
    Welcome Rob55,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here:

TSO Staff
  2. Rob55

Rob55 Walk On

Oct 30, 2012
    Name: Robert
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): PSN: Ryoung55 Xbox: (no loner in use) beatin696
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: Skype: Rbyoung55
    Time Zone: PST
    General Availability for User vs User games: Friday, Saturday, Sunday any time. After noon on Tuesdays and Thursdays and Monday/Wednesday evenings.
    Favorite Teams: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Seattle Seahawks
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports: Reddit

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    I played in a couple of dedicated Madden 11 and 12 leagues with friends from online and IRL. Never officially been part of any leagues like those put on here.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    I've been playing video games since I was 4 years old.. so 14 years! Sports games for around 10 years. Online experience of 6ish years.

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    I'm a casual-competitive player. Even when I no-lifed video games a couple of years ago, I probably would have considered myself a casual gamer, yet the competitiveness is what drives me and is the main reason that I play sports games and shooters. Particularly in sports games, I'm what you would consider a "sim player." I am not going to try to throw the ball on 4th and 20 in the first quarter. I try to play like what you would see on any given Sunday.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

Obviously at 18, I'm quite a bit younger than a lot of people in here. Even though I'm younger, I find that as a college student at a local community college, I tend to get along better with people that are 25+ because of my own maturity level. I'm not one that is going to talk trash unless it's just a little welcomed banter. Screaming obscenities into the microphone is not my thing.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    I have read the rules. Is there a specific set of rules that are going to be released for Madden leagues?

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    I live in Southern Oregon where I'm going to a local community college before I transfer to the UofO (Go ducks<3). I am a sports fan and diehard does not even begin to explain my passion for the game of football. I played offensive tackle and defensive end in high school for 4 years. Unfortunately, a few shoulder injuries and resulting surgeries kept me off the field a lot of my sophomore and junior years. My senior year was a big question mark and at one point I even contemplated quitting. I played through severe bilateral torn shoulder labrums and quietly put together a great season. Consistently shutting down first team all-conference caliber d-ends, I earned all-conference honors myself as an offensive lineman while giving up only 1 sack all season.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?
    I lurked around for probably a half an hour before I decided to join and from the look of things, it looks like I'll fit right in here at TSO.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?
    I'm always looking to contribute to any community I'm part of. The most obvious perk for me as a dedicated player is getting to join the quality leagues here, but I also legitimately enjoy just talking about sports and I see this will be a good place to do that.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    Wait until after the game and go look at some highlights. Get ahold of the league commish and send him video of potential rule infractions.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?
    Yes. I'm mainly looking for Madden PS3 leagues for now. I'm a converted xbox gamer and this is literally my first PS3 game. Can't say that I have a PREFERRED league setup. I enjoy fantasy draft as well as non (not sure if that is a feature yet in 13). I also like sim leagues.

That about sums it all up. Thanks for reviewing my app!

- Rob
  3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Jul 14, 2009
    Great app, welcome to TSO Robert
  4. Rob55

Rob55 Walk On

Oct 30, 2012
    Thank you very much!
  5. Rob55

Rob55 Walk On

Oct 30, 2012
    Question: Some areas say that I have "Insufficient privileges to post here." Is there a required post count or other certain requirements that I need to meet to be able to do so?