New Member: robmacdog

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, May 20, 2011.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome robmacdog,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. robmacdog

robmacdog Walk On

Name: Rob McDougald
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): XBOX: robmacdog
    Email: robmcdougald@gmail.com
    AIM: ----
    Time Zone: US Central
    General Availability: Weekdays after 6. I work on Saturdays during the fall and some Sundays, but am usually off in the evenings.
    Favorite Teams: Mississippi State
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: A post on Operation Sports forums

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? I've played in Online Dynasties with a group of 4 friends for the past 2 years, and also a couple that were setup via the Operation Sports forums. I've also played a lot of Team Play on NBA 2K and FIFA10.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? I've been playing video games since I was a little kid. I've been playing online for about 5 years.

3. What type of player would you say you are? I'm a competitive, sim player. Of course, I like to win, but I mostly enjoy close,competitive games (no matter the result). I don't result to cheating or cheesing when I am getting beat. I like to play things straight up and hope for the best.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? I feel I'd fit right in. I'm slightly younger than the average, but I'm not some over aggressive teenager who cheats and raises hell over the headset. Also, I'm not the world's greatest player by any means, but I've been playing NCAA football a long time and I really enjoy playing against/with others.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? I have read them. Since I am a sim-style player I don't see any problem obeying the rules. If I do make a mistake, it will be due to inexperience in the Tradition Sports leagues and something that I can correct as I play more and get more accustomed to what's allowed and what isn't.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. I'm an avid sports fan. So much so that I've made a career out of it. I work in the athletic department at a D-1 school and I absolutely love it. In my spare time, I play video games/watch movies (a lot)/ and try to attend as many sporting events as I can. I also love getting outdoors, cooking out, and playing cornhole (or 'bags' as some people call it)

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community? I guess this depends on the league/dynasty I join. Hopefully, I'll meet a group of gamers who have some similar interests and will make it easy to stay active on the boards.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF? I hope to participate in solid, stable, and competitive online dynasties.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? I'd first alert the player to make sure they are aware they are breaking the rules and encourage them to stop. If they continued, I would quit the game and notify the commissioner.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of? I'm looking for a dynasty that has openings currently, or a dynasty forming for NCAA 12. More likely a mid level league where I could be competitive.

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Nice app - about #9 though don't quit games ever. Commish can throw out results or fix the situation in another manner.

Overall good app though man.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what school's athletic department do you work in?

4. robmacdog

robmacdog Walk On

Thanks!

On #9, that's completely cool. I just wasn't quite sure what the protocol was for that type of situation. I doubt (with the type of players on here) that a situation would arise that would be so bad that quitting would be necessary anyway. That's what convinced me to apply for membership. I work for Tulane Athletics.

5. robmacdog

robmacdog Walk On

I apologize, guys. After reading the rules again, I see that I completely missed the section on "Sportsmanship/Quitting" I guess I was more interested to read about the gameplay style/regulations to see if my style would fit in. I have no problem playing the game out and submitting any plays that I found questionable.

6. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Application approved. Welcome to TSO Rob!