New Member: Roggie

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jun 14, 2011.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome Roggie,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Name: Tyler​
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): Bacon Strips x5 for Xbox, Roggie2499 for PSN. (Primary is Xbox)​
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: AIM: xTDCx Roggie
    Time Zone: Eastern
    General Availability for User vs User games: Weeknights.​
    Favorite Teams: UNC Tar Heels, Virginia Tech Hokies, University of Michigan Wolverines for college. Detroit Red Wings and Vancouver Canucks for hockey (No, not a bandwagoner. Been a huge Daniel and Henrik Sedin fan since they were drafted). Jeff Gordon, Brian Vickers, AJ Allmendinger, and Jamie McMurray for NASCAR. Detroit Tigers for baseball. Detroit Lions and San Francisco 49ers for football. Chicago Bulls for the NBA, even though I don't like the NBA.​
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: From RynoAid on Operation Sports.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? I've played in and am currently running a NCAA Online Dynasty, and also am a competitive player in the EASHL. I am also an AGM in the VHL, a top NHL 11 OTP 6v6 league.​

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? I've been playing games since I was a kid. Probably 2 or 3 on a NES. I've been playing online since December 26, 2004.​

3. What type of player would you say you are? I'm a competitive player who knows what to do. I tend to get upset whenever I'm playing bad. I'm not the greatest NCAA player ever.​

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? I'm the only one in my family between the ages of 13 and 30. Growing up, I was always around older people and am more comfortable around adults than people my age.​

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? Yes, I have read them. I don't really have any concerns with the rules. My OD runs a pretty close rule set to your rules, although a couple of things you guys say is illegal we've allowed or never thought of a reason to outlaw it (QB switching is the one I'm thinking of, as right now, my team does not have a definitive starter at QB, and I rotate players in to see who is playing well that day, along with having QBs in specific formations through the formation subs.)​

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. I'm pretty simple. I like to play video games a little more than I should. I'm a college student who also bowls on my college's team. I bowled in high school as well. Over the summer, I work at the Metroparks (somewhat like state parks, but not run by the state), while the rest of the year, I work at a bowling alley.​

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community? I tend to handle myself pretty well over at OS, and with the amount of kids and people out just to bash, I figure I can fit in pretty well here.​

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? I hope to be able to run my OD over here and be able to have our own board to use. One thread on OS just doesn't cut it for a serious dynasty.​

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? Message them and tell them they broke the rules. Continue playing the game. Save the highlight of the play and discuss what to do with the Commish.​

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup? I have not looked at any of the leagues being run. I tend to only play in one dynasty at a time, and since I'm co-commishing one right now, I'd probably stay with that one. But I prefer to play in a competitive league with nobody who will get upset with someone for beating them fair and square. Being upset with the game and yourself is perfectly acceptable (I do this all the time, along with the guy who just won the NC in my OD). But there's no reason to take it out on the guy who beat you.

Edit: Fixed GT/PSN line

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I understand your concern. This is one of those touchy subjects. The presentation for flopping QB's in and out aren't as paramount in game as they are in real life but then again you could say the same about any other position. If you plan on running a 2 QB scheme just make sure your opponent is aware that you will be doing so and you will be just fine. You don't have to announce before every play, it is the responsibility of your opponent to recognize personnel changes.

4. Emmdotfrisk

Application Approved Tyler. Welcome to TSO! Let us know if you have any further questions.

5. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I made sure to make it known. I do have one question though: If a league had an issue with just one rule, would that league be allowed to ignore that one rule? Or is it forum rules then league specific rules? I'm not saying we're planning on this, nor do I think we're going to have a desire to. I'm just curious.

In case anyone is curious, since I talked a lot about my OD, here's a link to our OS thread: http://www.operationsports.com/foru...23018-xbox-360-dynasty-committed-players.html

6. Emmdotfrisk

Those are the general forum rules. Of course there may be some minor variations and iterations of the rules in specific leagues, but it really comes down to communication. The rule is to avoid an unrealistic approach or advantage in attempt to win, such as sprinting to the sideline and throwing across the field. If you utilize a 2 QB system, that is communicated with your league and opponents I believe it will be ok. The thing that sets our community apart is communication, organization, and respect. If you abide by those, I don't see anything about the game that can't be discussed.

7. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I didn't really mean the 2 QB rule. I was just talking in a general sense. Again, I have zero issue with any of the rules. I just don't want to accidentally have something happen and be unprepared for it.

8. Emmdotfrisk

sure, I appreciate you going through the proper channels to understand the method behind the madness. To better answer your question, rules aren't ignored, especially by an entire league. They are rather discussed and iterated for that specific league. Now if anyone in management has a gross disagreement with the amended rule then we will step in. You will start to see that the community is almost self policing due to the amount of pride and attachment some have to the community. When in doubt, shoot a msg to myself and I will pop in and give you my opinion. We have an open door policy, everything is up for discussion.....especially with the continual advancements to sim sports titles as of late.

9. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Alright. That's more of what I was looking for as an answer. I think I chose my words bad saying "ignore". I meant more of adjust than ignore, which would fit the final part of your answer. Thanks.