New Member: Roogy

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jul 10, 2011.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Feb 28, 2011
    Welcome Roogy,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here:

TSO Staff
  2. Roogy

Roogy Walk On

Jul 10, 2011
    Name: Andrew
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): RoogyRoogs (360)
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: AIM: Roogy23
    Time Zone: Pacific (California)
    General Availability for User vs User games: Flexible. I work from home but nights are preferable however.
    Favorite Teams: Ohio State, Bengals, 49ers, Reds, Blue Jackets
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: I remember the website forming years ago when I was a member of MaddenMania. I still recognize many names from years ago.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

I have played in numerous NCAA leagues, via websites such as MaddenMania and VSN.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?

I’ve been playing games since I was 6, so going on 22 years now! I’ve been active and playing online since the first day possible with the Playstation 2 and Original Xbox!

3. What type of player would you say you are?

With my ever growing old age, I’ve learned to describe myself as an ‘experience player.’ What that means is I play for the fun and the overall experience. It’s not about whether I win or lose, it’s about having fun and being respectful of my opponent and the game.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

If the average age is 28-30 then that is obviously in the realm of my age. I’ve always been of the opinion that age doesn’t bother me as long as the player/opponent is respectful, plays straight SIM, and is engaging.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

Being a veteran of leagues in the past, these rules are perfect. This site appeals to me because of the clear guidelines laid out for the players. It’s good to have a documented set of rules so there is no gray area during the game. SIM play is where it’s at!

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

I grew up in Ohio and lived there until I was about 18 when I moved to California. I graduated from Sonoma State University with a degree in marketing. I now work in the wine business going on 5 years now. I’m in sales and run our wineries retail side for the state of California. When I’m not working, I love to read, watch sports, and even collect sports cards. You have to love the nostalgia that baseball and football cards bring!

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?

I feel that I would fit in well. I don’t take myself too seriously so I like to think I’m a fun guy to talk with. I absolutely love sports and discussing them with fellow junkies! I’m passionate but also respectful of others!

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?

Honestly, I just want a community that is tight-knit, enjoyable, and has a good structure of league play. Finding successful leagues is difficult. Too often, online leagues are full of people that sign up and abandon the league. That isn’t fun! If I wanted to be a part of that, I would just play a single player dynasty! Looking through the website, I love the professionalism the site appears to bring and the obvious track record of running ongoing, successful leagues. I hope I can contribute to the fun by being a part of a league sometime soon!

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

First off, I never ever call that person out publicly on the forum. That is the first and absolute no-no. In most cases, I would talk directly with the opponent first and express my concern with whatever the issue is. I’m a nice guy and willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt if they for whatever reason were not aware of the rule. Obviously, this isn’t always the case. If my opponent doesn’t comply or acknowledge the breach of rule, I would then contact the league commish via PM and let them handle the matter. Whatever the incident, I would never publicly air the grievance via the forum.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?

I have taken a peak at the various options for the leagues. The leagues I am most interested in would be either NCAA and/or Madden leagues. I also regularly play NBA 2k so that would be of interest as well. My preferred league setup changes based on a lot of factors; I do prefer that users play all their games, I’m not a fan of simming results. I also like the convenience of flex scheduling. A fixed week to week schedule seems to be difficult for some users in case there are real-life scheduling conflicts. Finally, I love leagues that have a lot of interaction whether it be via forum, blogs, etc.

Thank you!!
  3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Jul 14, 2009
    Application Approved. Welcome to TSO Roogy
  4. Roogy

Roogy Walk On

Jul 10, 2011
    Thank you David, looking forward to it!