New Member: rugged0shrew

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by rugged0shrew, Jul 1, 2010.

1. rugged0shrew

rugged0shrew Walk On

Jun 30, 2010
    New Member: rugged0shrew

Name: Forest
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): Xbox: Rugged0shrew
    AIM: packervaf
    Time Zone: GMT
    General Availability: in the summer anytime. After school starts I will be on after 5 PM GMT most nights
    Favorite Teams: Kansas/Oklahoma State/Georgia Tech.
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Nautica

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    I have been a part of numerous NCAA online dynasties on operation sports, as well as a few madden 'chises with friends.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?

I have been playing video games since I was 5, and got my first NES. So I have been playing video games in general for around 13 years. I believe my first sports game was quarterback club '98 (I still have the poster hanging in my room). I've been playing online since 09 when my friend introduced my to an online chise.

3. What type of player would you say you are?

I consider myself a sim gamer. I dedicate my game to playing as real as I can. I try to replicate realistic stats every game, but I still have a lot to learn. Coaching wise, I run a triple option offense rather having a solid 4 yards a play and possession, then a high paced risky offense. On D I run either a 3-4 or 3-3-5 favoring the latter because of it's unpredictable blitz schemes.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

First and foremost I consider myself a student of the game, no matter what the sport may be. In all honesty I enjoy the strategy of the game as much, if not more then, playing the game itself. I see joining this site as a tremendous opportunity to learn from potential superior veteran players. Even if I have to take a few hard knocks to begin with, I relish the chance to improve my skills, and take a little away from every game. In fact, any advice pertaining to anything would be greatly appreciated on my half, be it about the game or life in general. Hopefully I can stick around this site long enough to return the favor to any kid my age who may stumble across TF later.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

I have, and I have a firm grasp on things.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

Well, like I said earlier, I am 17. I have been raised in a small town in montana, on an indian reservation. Growing up as a minority, being a majority, is quite the experience, and is something I really don't expect anyone to understand.

I am a student athlete competing in basketball for the our school. I also play legion ball in the summer. I used to compete in football that is. I had a concussion two years ago, and haven't been cleared to play again.

Following high school I plan on attending college. I have recieved potential scholarships from the University of Montana, and the University of Idaho to play in their respective marching/spirit bands. This summer I have been actively contacting larger schools, and if all goes well come graduation I will be accepted into KU or Oklahoma state. Following college I plan on teaching high school music and coaching.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community?
    I Seriously plan on making TF a mainstay as far as sports gaming is concerned.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF?

Like I said earlier, I welcome this opportunity to improve my skills, and even if I take a beatings along the way I hope to improve in terms of strategy in general. I can only see myself improving based on the high level of competition i've heard of around here. All in all I see this as a great chance to play with guys who share the same interest as myself; who can teach me a few things.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

The first couple of times I'd probably let it slide, stuff happens. If it continued I would respectfully remind my opponent of the rules set up Via the site/commish. If it largely affected the outcome of the game, I'd upload a vid for proof, and contact the commish.
  2. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Jun 22, 2009
    Application Approved. Welcome to TF!