New Member: ryalaman

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by ryalaman, Jul 22, 2010.

1. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

New Member: ryalaman

Name: Raj
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): firetirepanda1 (xbox)
    AIM: Dont have one
    Time Zone: Eastern
    General Availability: Pretty much all day, every day. The mornings are a little more tough since thats when I get most of my stuff done for the day but I can work around that.
    Favorite Teams: Maryland Terrapins, Baltimore Orioles, Washington Capitals.
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Heard about it on operationsports

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    Yes. I've been in a few online franchises in Madden and am in a online dynasty set up on a Maryland fan message board in NCAA.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    I've been playing video games since the N64 came out (12 or 13 years?) and online since the original xbox came out.

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    Generally a sim player. I like to win, but I'd much rather play against someone close to me in ability than to beat up on someone weaker than me.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    I am a decent amount younger than the average age on the site but I don't think its too much of a big deal. I think that I'll still be able to connect with most members with my knowledge of the game and by being a good and responsible member of the community.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    Yes. I don't have any concerns now, but I will ask if I have any in the future.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    I'm currently a college student who failed to get a summer internship so I have all the time in the world right now. I generally kill my time by going to a bunch of Orioles games and being one of the 3 people in the stadium.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community?
    I plan on posting a lot in the forums and joining some leagues.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF?
    I hope to meet people who will be good members in online leagues and who respect and understand the game (not just the video game but the sport itself).

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    I would talk to the player first. Make sure he understands what he did was wrong and likely leave it there.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of?
    I haven't really looked around yet, but I do think (hope?) to join an ACC league in NCAA 11.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Humble yourself young grasshopper. And you may want to explain what "Generally a sim player" exactly means because your applying to become a member in a sim or nothing community. Or you can re-word it altogether. Here at TF we're not about winning or losing just having fun with the game. Not saying people are slouches here on the sticks either because you may get taken to the woodshed a couple of times but if you 'like to win' and can't take losses well you may want to exit now.

Just friendly advice, one of the mods will come around and approve or disapprove your app

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

What will you do if you come across a member in a league that is a weaker player than you?

4. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I would probably start to run some clock when I took a comfortable enough lead. 3 possessions or something in the second half seems about right.

5. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Haha. Yeah. That came out much more arrogant than I thought. I just meant that I would prefer to play people who were near my skill level when given the option. And I have no problem losing but I prefer to win (who doesnt?). I'm not the type to try any disconnect glitches or anything to keep my record good. I mean, I play with Maryland online in NCAA so I do get beaten up on sometimes.

6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Thanks for elaborating on your response. My guess is you won't necessarily know how good your opponent is before you play them. There is a wide variety of skilled players here on the site so keep an open mind, respectful candor, and committed mindset to your league of choice. Application Approved. Welcome to TF Raj.